Harley swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harley swap

I've thought about doing this for a while now, but think I am just about ready to start swapping my interior for a Harley interior. I would love to swap for an '08, but a harley swap of similar year to my truck would just be easier and probably cheaper. My plan is to just keep a watch on ebay and buy the pieces one at a time. Maybe scout some junkyards and possibly check with the dealer for some hard to find stuff. I am definitely not going to be in a hurry. Just a piece here and there as money and pieces come available. My only concern is the seats and the gauge cluster. I have a power driver seat but a manual passenger seat. Would the power passenger seat hook up and work in my truck? As far as the Gauges go, could I just unplug mine and plug up the Harley's, or would this cause problems?

I LOVE the interior of my Harley ('05). I have been behind the dash a few times (for various mods) I could snap a few pics back there if it helps with your wire harness questions.
    2005 F350 Harley: Heat Induction Hood, ARE Bed Cover, DashHawk, MBRP turbo back, cat delete, SCT: Tunes by Spartan, Exhaust Sound Videos HERE

Comment

Originally posted by FastCote View Post
      I LOVE the interior of my Harley ('05). I have been behind the dash a few times (for various mods) I could snap a few pics back there if it helps with your wire harness questions.

I would really appreciate it if you would, but only if you already have it out. Please don't take it apart just to snap pics for me. My truck is a '03 7.3, so I guess my first question should be is if they made a Harley edition with that motor. I looked on ebay today and found the harley carbon fiber dash piece, but it is for an '05-'07. That would be ideal if I could swap that piece. I like the looks of the '05-'07 a lot better. I am going to head on over to the .org and search around there for an interior swap thread. Thanks!

Comment

The offer is still open but i am most certain that much has changed between model years. There is integrated trailer brake controller, engine diagnostic computer (buttons in dash), full climate control (instead of knobs), double DIN radio (bolted in, not spring clipped), just to name a few quick differences.
        2005 F350 Harley: Heat Induction Hood, ARE Bed Cover, DashHawk, MBRP turbo back, cat delete, SCT: Tunes by Spartan, Exhaust Sound Videos HERE

Comment

i would think it would be easier to trade trucks and get a Harley.

Comment

Originally posted by CHenry View Post
            i would think it would be easier to trade trucks and get a Harley.
            But then I would need to put the vegistroke kit on that as well as the turbo, intercooler, intake, exhaust, tuner, lift kit, tires, wheels, cross-over steering, hydraulic assist, differential cover, deep trans. pan, upgrade the brakes, and buy some new a-pillar gauges. I wanted a Harley edition truck but I didn't want a crew cab. I went with the sport, because it was the closest thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooter View Post
              But then I would need to put the vegistroke kit on that as well as the turbo, intercooler, intake, exhaust, tuner, lift kit, tires, wheels, cross-over steering, hydraulic assist, differential cover, deep trans. pan, upgrade the brakes, and buy some new a-pillar gauges. I wanted a Harley edition truck but I didn't want a crew cab. I went with the sport, because it was the closest thing.
              I know what you mean, i would kinda like to downsize the dually but i have too much work into it that i would have to re do...not gonna happen.

Comment

I agree. When I bought my Harley I thought "why would I need a long bed". Now that the veg tank is in there i sure would like the longer bed.

Comment

Looking back on it, I wish I had bought a Harley, but believe it or not, the size intimidated me. I traded up from a Ford Ranger. Now I am so used to my lifted super duty that I feel pretty comfortable I could have handled that crew cab. I drive my truck everywhere, city driving or heavy traffic doesn't even phase me anymore, and as far as parking goes, I could park this rig in the crack of you @$$.

Comment

...and as far as parking goes, I could park this rig in the crack of you @$$.
                    Hooter...I think I'll take your word on that one!!

I have to say that now that I have crewcab, there's no way I'll ever want to go back. So much more room it's not even funny. It's nice to be able to carry large stuff or three full size folks back there with no problem.
                    Greasin & Grinin
                    Vegi oil powered since Aug 08
                    2006 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Vegistroke converted 1/27/13!!
                    2008 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold
                    2005 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Marv View Post
                      Hooter...I think I'll take your word on that one!!

I have to say that now that I have crewcab, there's no way I'll ever want to go back. So much more room it's not even funny. It's nice to be able to carry large stuff or three full size folks back there with no problem.
                      I bet with that crew cab you are asked to drive a lot more places than I am though. Usually when I am with a group of people, I am always expected to drive because I have "free fuel." So you have all those dirty people climbing and pulling on your doors getting in with their dirty shoes asking if it's OK to eat in here. I can only imagine what it must be like for you guys with Excursions...

Comment

I have an excursion and it works out ok,i cover fuel,and my 7 passanger cover food and motel when we go to canada.This works alright,know that the wife has the Libby thats the family car and the EX is my "truck" as a daily driver.It is hard with friends so at Christmas and my B-day I usaully get a gallon or two or a cubie of NEW Zytec,the Johnny walker of all OIL........greasy
                        2000 7.3X V3 So much fun,so little time,Support small Oil,burn WVO,Free and greasy down the road I go!!!!!!!!!!completely self sufficient and proud of it. (Wood furnace.....X.......solar pontoon....solarsheat twins this summer.....I don't Know much.......I'm just a hillbilly with too many guns..............

Comment

I had every style of truck, except the DRW, and I love the CC LB the most.

6 men comfortably in the truck, with whatever you want in the bed.

If my tires didn't rub on my leaf springs I could park it anywhere... but my turning radius is similar to turning the wheel only 1/2 to lock... its bad.
                          Vegistrokin since 08/23/08

Comment

I bet with that crew cab you are asked to drive a lot more places than I am though. Usually when I am with a group of people, I am always expected to drive because I have "free fuel." So you have all those dirty people climbing and pulling on your doors getting in with their dirty shoes asking if it's OK to eat in here. I can only imagine what it must be like for you guys with Excursions...
                            Actually, believe it or not, I don't really carry that many folks other than the occasional friend or co-worker - outside of the wife that is. And most of them know I'm a cleaning nazi when it comes to my vehicles...LOL.

I know what you're saying though. It's aggravating when you give someone a ride and they don't respect your stuff the same way you would theirs. One thing that always aggravates me is when folks slam the doors. Never understood why that was necessary.
                            Greasin & Grinin

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Toepfer View Post
                              I had every style of truck, except the DRW, and I love the CC LB the most.

6 men comfortably in the truck, with whatever you want in the bed.

If my tires didn't rub on my leaf springs I could park it anywhere... but my turning radius is similar to turning the wheel only 1/2 to lock... its bad.
                              There has been a few times that I wished I had a LB. But, there has also been a few times that if I had one, I couldn't have turned the thing around.

Right after I got the truck, the wife and I headed up to Gatlinburg TN for the weekend. Rented a cabin for the first time. Needless to say, they didn't bother to tell us that it was hanging off the side of a mountain and the turn around on the drive was only big enough for something the size of a Prius.

There was a lot of backing up and pulling forward that weekend....LOL.

So far I've managed fine with the SB...and I've got a few trailers I can borrow, so that helps.
                              Greasin & Grinin

Comment

Working...
                              X