Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to buy some oil - PM me

Hi all,

I'm behind the eight ball in sourcing local waste fryer oil as all the restaurants in my town and the neighboring ones appear to already be supporting local greasers (yes, I need to find out who they are & swap experiences!). So, I want to purchase a couple of totes of oil to get a jump start until I can spread out my search to a wider area.

If anyone on here is selling or knows of a reliable source in the NE, I'm perfectly happy to drive out to you/them/it and pick it up. I can work with filtered or unfiltered; do a tote exchange or bring my totes & fill them; whatever works.

Also, I still have the 51-gallon tank for sale. I'd gladly trade that towards the purchase price if it would be of use to the recipient.

FYI - I'm converting on Sunday! Can't wait to be burnin' grease!

Thanks!
    Last edited by muns53; 04-01-2009, 09:43 PM.
    '02 7.3L Excursion Limited; ~242Kmi total; ~157Kmi on WVO
    Vegistroke V3 (4/09); HIH, Aux Pump, FPHE (11/10); PHP Gryphon custom; 6637;
    WW; Turbomaster; EBPV delete; 4" exhaust; Terminator HPOP; Tru-cool; Evans NPG+;
    ARI triple-disc TC; V/B-code springs; Bilsteins; 30mm sway bar; 190A alternator; F650 dash; etc.

See my post about wvo for sale in Queens; he's just across the Triborough in Astoria

http://www.dinofuelalternatives.com/...read.php?t=629
    2001 F250 Crew Cab V3 Conversion

Comment

Yup! Definitely plan on speaking with him - that was an awesome story & a great find; appreciate you sharing that on the forum!

FYI - I PMed you a couple of questions about it yesterday.
      WW; Turbomaster; EBPV delete; 4" exhaust; Terminator HPOP; Tru-cool; Evans NPG+;
      ARI triple-disc TC; V/B-code springs; Bilsteins; 30mm sway bar; 190A alternator; F650 dash; etc.

Comment

VTvegpower is half the distance to you then me,that might be more viable for you.He is located in the Richmond-Burlington VT area and has a great grease venture going up there.He bought my friends equipment(complete fitering,totes,barrels, and routes),and has a good business ethic.He is very polite and easy going.I would start there,if all else fails I do have oil,but at this time is unfiltered in 55 gallon drums,hope this helps........good luck this weekend.PS don't forget to read up on the PCM diode fix before your crammed under the dash,scrathing your head.......
        2000 7.3X V3 So much fun,so little time,Support small Oil,burn WVO,Free and greasy down the road I go!!!!!!!!!!completely self sufficient and proud of it. (Wood furnace.....X.......solar pontoon....solarsheat twins this summer.....I don't Know much.......I'm just a hillbilly with too many guns..............

Comment

PM Sent.

Good Luck!!
          Vegistrokin since 08/23/08

Comment

Greasy, Thanks, man - I sent him a PM.

Jack, Thank you also - PM received!
            Last edited by muns53; 04-02-2009, 10:42 AM.

Comment

How close are you to Scranton, PA? My source has a rest. in my town and Scranton. I get 25 gal a week from him. Pm me if you are interested.
              2002 7.3 Excursion Limited V3 w/40 gal RDS Tank, +50 gal or 100 gal aux cargo tank,
              AFE Magnum Flow Air Intake, 4" Turbo back Diamondeye exhaust,
              6.0 Tranny cooler upgrade, Edge Evo2 Gryphon, V & Modified B Code leaf suspension
              BTS Transmission W/ 1.0 exhaust housing,Snow water/meth injection.Riffraff Engine Rebuild(kit) @315k .30 over pistons, CNC Fab HPOP, 406injectors.com 160cc single shots.

2002 F350 2WD CCLB 7.3 Bone Stock "Rusty"

Comment

Thanks, Bill! I'm actually a couple hours from there, but there may be some folks on here that are closer - appreciate your response, man!

Comment

Big Thanks to VTVegiPower!

Solved the initial supply of oil problem, thanks to VTVegiPower (ie: Josh)!!

For the clean stuff, he filters and CFes, so there hain't nothin' there that hain't s'posed to be... reckon?

For the dirty stuff, he's got an saweet 500-gal sucker tank that moved that oil out and into my totes no time flat.

If ya'll need some erl, he's yer dude...

Comment

Thanks for the plug Eric

It was good to meet a couple fellow greasers and check out your Ex. U should post up those pics of our high-tech oil transfer system

Just let me know when you run out of oil and I'll swing by again Or let me know when Steve is ready to convert that Ex, that would be a fun project if I haven't done one by then.

Comment

Networking is the key for the survival of our cause,I practice this when ever possible.I am glad you two could help each other.........................greasy
                      2000 7.3X V3 So much fun,so little time,Support small Oil,burn WVO,Free and greasy down the road I go!!!!!!!!!!completely self sufficient and proud of it. (Wood furnace.....X.......solar pontoon....solarsheat twins this summer.....I don't Know much.......I'm just a hillbilly with too many guns..............

Comment

Working...
                      X