Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Vac Tank

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My Vac Tank

    A friend helped me put this together; and by "helped" I mean he scavenged most of the parts and put it all together for me.

    Enjoy!








    2001 F250 Crew Cab V3 Conversion

  • #2
    looks real nice...get some video of it in operation.
    How many gal. is that?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by CHenry View Post
      looks real nice...get some video of it in operation.
      How many gal. is that?
      Yeah, as soon as I bring it home. It's 96 gallons
      2001 F250 Crew Cab V3 Conversion

      Comment


      • #4
        Sweet

        About how much do u have invested in that? if u dont mind....
        -Shawn Collister-
        -02 F250 7.3 - SSB V3, AC's tuned by Swamps, AIS, 38R, 4" ex, DI tranny
        -00 F350 7.3 - CC with no back seat
        -Multiple trailers and a bunch of other junk
        Straight outta Wimauma

        Comment


        • #5
          Looks good WayTall....should make those collections times a lot faster!
          Greasin & Grinin
          Vegi oil powered since Aug 08
          2006 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Vegistroke converted 1/27/13!!
          2008 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold
          2005 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Tampa450 View Post
            Sweet

            About how much do u have invested in that? if u dont mind....
            The hose was about $85.00

            The tank was a gimme, as was everything else. My buddy is an HVAC tech and we traded rough cut lumber left over from when I had a sawmill for parts and labor. The pump is a compressor/vac pump; it drew down to ~ 27u of vac in less than 5 minutes

            Now I just have to get it home and give it a try!
            2001 F250 Crew Cab V3 Conversion

            Comment


            • #7
              Dude, that is SWEET set-up! I love the vac/compressor, that's the first time I've seen that on a sucker tank!

              fwiw, I know a couple people using CHEAP venturi-style 'vacuum makers' from HF. Just blow compressed air thru it and it pulls a vac in your tank! Not terribly efficient, but low-cost if ya already have an air compressor. I also know a couple folks using vehicles' vacuum system to 'charge' tank (gas and diesel trucks).

              If ya haven't collected this way yet - HOLD ON! OMG, that 1.5" hose (??) will slurp up crisco on a cold day, but will pull 90 gals of liquid VO in just a couple min's!!!! I would consider a a valve, then a peice of PVC or similar on end of hose. This solves the problem of hose coiling up, making it a PITA to get to bottom of drum - and makes it possible to suck from the top-down w/only one person. You'll see what I mean... Also, my friend Professor over at frybrid added some 'hangers' for his hose to the side of his tank - very cool!

              I always leave the 'dregs' in the bottom of my drums. When they get close to about 1/3 of the drum - I swap in a clean drum and process the 'dregs' separately. Man, the area wild life LOVES all those 'crumbs' and they burn GREAT. Btw, ever since I fell 30ft and broke my back - I avoid moving drums w/any more than that in them!
              2001 F350 XLT 4x4, dually flatbed. 6637 air filter, single-shot injectors, straight-piped, BTS tunes, 200 gal main VO tank - 180k greasy miles
              2000 Excursion Limited 4x4. V3, AIS intake, BTS trans & tunes - 120k VO miles
              veggiegarage.com authorized installer

              RIP X & Toyhauler - you served us well.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by skyskijason View Post
                Dude, that is SWEET set-up! I love the vac/compressor, that's the first time I've seen that on a sucker tank!

                fwiw, I know a couple people using CHEAP venturi-style 'vacuum makers' from HF. Just blow compressed air thru it and it pulls a vac in your tank! Not terribly efficient, but low-cost if ya already have an air compressor. I also know a couple folks using vehicles' vacuum system to 'charge' tank (gas and diesel trucks).

                If ya haven't collected this way yet - HOLD ON! OMG, that 1.5" hose (??) will slurp up crisco on a cold day, but will pull 90 gals of liquid VO in just a couple min's!!!! I would consider a a valve, then a peice of PVC or similar on end of hose. This solves the problem of hose coiling up, making it a PITA to get to bottom of drum - and makes it possible to suck from the top-down w/only one person. You'll see what I mean... Also, my friend Professor over at frybrid added some 'hangers' for his hose to the side of his tank - very cool!

                I always leave the 'dregs' in the bottom of my drums. When they get close to about 1/3 of the drum - I swap in a clean drum and process the 'dregs' separately. Man, the area wild life LOVES all those 'crumbs' and they burn GREAT. Btw, ever since I fell 30ft and broke my back - I avoid moving drums w/any more than that in them!

                It's 2" hose and we're making a sort of wand to dunk down into the oil. My biggest obstacle is going to be loading and unloading the tank into the bed of my truck. My Queen has been pretty supportive of all my madness but I don't think she'll have the onions for heavy lifting. I'm thinking of some straps and a chainfall
                2001 F250 Crew Cab V3 Conversion

                Comment


                • #9
                  very cool setup!

                  How do you plan on toting this around, on a trailer? Hell it's probably sturdy enough to just mount an axle underneath it and stuck a hitch on the front
                  -Drew
                  V3'd 2000 Excursion - gone but not forgotten
                  2014 6.7L - smells nice

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by fiveohpatrol View Post
                    very cool setup!

                    How do you plan on toting this around, on a trailer? Hell it's probably sturdy enough to just mount an axle underneath it and stuck a hitch on the front
                    That's a good idea...
                    2001 F250 Crew Cab V3 Conversion

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Killer setup Whitey.

                      Keep up posted.
                      Vegistrokin since 08/23/08

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Go stealth

                        An associate of mine has a similar setup for pick up in remote locales,he mounted his with 2 inch square stock to the reese hitch.He bought a $20 grill cover,everone just thinks he's ready to go tailgating..................
                        2000 7.3X V3 So much fun,so little time,Support small Oil,burn WVO,Free and greasy down the road I go!!!!!!!!!!completely self sufficient and proud of it. (Wood furnace.....X.......solar pontoon....solarsheat twins this summer.....I don't Know much.......I'm just a hillbilly with too many guns..............

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X