Let's See Your Refinery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's See Your Refinery

Okay we all know it's a greasy mess, but let's see your refinery, good,bad, or greasy! Also cost of refinery, cost per gallon, major parts, capacity, & production output.

$350.00, I pump 55 gallons at a time every 3 weeks @ .20 cents a gallon. I can hold 150 gallons. Two racor filters, 2 drum heaters, 12 vdc pump, free drums, free pallet, 2x4's, & 6x8 ply wood sheet.

I had to call my uncle in Texas who used to run a refinery for Texaco, and say that I was sorry, but I was not going to be contributing to his stock dividends anymore!
    Last edited by captgrady; 09-10-2008, 09:21 PM.
    00' 7.3L Limited EX 4X4, V3 40g tank, Night Vision camera, Icom Ham radio, Urban Survival Vehicle
    Trailer w/90g tank & pump, for collection & trips.

Here's an early shot of mine. Had to make a few changes, but overall it's still similar. I'll get another shot tomorrow now that it's done and post it up as well.

I was missing the thermometer and the filler hose/nozzle at this point. Oh and I had to move the connection from the cold to the hot side - hooked that up wrong first time around...oops! Haha...

Greasin & Grinin
    Vegi oil powered since Aug 08
    2006 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Vegistroke converted 1/27/13!!
    2008 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold
    2005 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold

Comment

Nice!, please elaborate.
      And who does the chain keep out?
      Last edited by captgrady; 09-10-2008, 09:32 PM.
      00' 7.3L Limited EX 4X4, V3 40g tank, Night Vision camera, Icom Ham radio, Urban Survival Vehicle
      Trailer w/90g tank & pump, for collection & trips.

Comment

Originally posted by captgrady View Post
        Nice!, please elaborate.
        And who does the chain keep out?
        Haha...the chain...I totally forgot about that being there. Well, in my typical "over-engineer it" manner, I figured I'd put that on there in the event that something or someone managed to turn the whole deal over.

Crazy I know...but that's just how I operate I suppose. Probably accounts for the numerous lag bolts you see in the stand as well...haha.

Anyways, this is the top-of-the-line, Clay Henry Special Edition, WVO filtration setup!

Haha...Clay was a big help in getting this setup. It's based off his system, which I belive traces back to the Frybrid setup.

Standard pre-filter barrel on the right with 100 micron strainer in the top. Flows from there to the pump and up the the water heater for heating and settling. From there, I run it back around to the pump and can direct it through the filter housing for filtering. Finally, I can change the valves and take it from the HWH, to the pump, through the filter one last time and out the filler nozzle.

Might make a bit more sense when I get the current pic up tomorrow.

So far it works pretty well. No major disasters yet...yet being the key word!
        Greasin & Grinin

Comment

yours is way to clean Marv, my wood stand is completely covered in sticky goo....thats one of the keys to it working so well...Moths don't have a chance if they land on it either, they are stuck.

Comment

That is pretty clean Marv. Looks like it could pass FDA inspection. Mine is very similiar but not quite as clean either. I will have to see if I can dig up some pics.

Comment

Originally posted by HORSEMOVER View Post
              That is pretty clean Marv. Looks like it could pass FDA inspection. Mine is very similiar but not quite as clean either. I will have to see if I can dig up some pics.
              I have to get complete pics of mine posted but you can get the basic idea from the cold upflow thread. Mine is a bit less tidy than the ones shown here. Needless to say I've been filling a lot of holes in the yard with kitty litter/WVO mix-if you pack it well it dries like concrete!
              Currently dieselless!

Comment

Pretty simple setup (gets that's why they call it SimpleCentrifuge), but it works like a champ!

2005 F350 Harley: Heat Induction Hood, ARE Bed Cover, DashHawk, MBRP turbo back, cat delete, SCT: Tunes by Spartan, Exhaust Sound Videos HERE

Comment

Originally posted by CHenry View Post
                  yours is way to clean Marv, my wood stand is completely covered in sticky goo....thats one of the keys to it working so well...Moths don't have a chance if they land on it either, they are stuck.

Haha...I knew something must be wrong! I'm gonna go sling some oil around right now...be right back!

I did remember one other reason I came up with the chain by the way. Right now, the wife and I are renting the house, so nothing can be *too* permanent.

Therefore, the shed that my Dad and I built is on skids so we can move it later if we move. With that in mind, I wanted to be able to secure my filtering unit and leave it in the shed when I move it. Obviously I'll need a bit more than just the chain, but it's a start.
                  Greasin & Grinin

Comment

Originally posted by HORSEMOVER View Post

Well, I've had a few mishaps, but nothing major. So far I've been able to handle everything with big wads of paper towels. No kitty litter needed yet!
                    Greasin & Grinin

Comment

Originally posted by FastCote View Post
                      Pretty simple setup (gets that's why they call it SimpleCentrifuge), but it works like a champ!

Fast is that a home-made CNC setup in the background of the first pic?
                      Greasin & Grinin

Comment

Originally posted by Marv View Post
                        Fast is that a home-made CNC setup in the background of the first pic?
                        Yup, sure is. It is my second one. It is all of MDF wood, HDLP (plastic) and roller skate bearings. Hitachi router for the cutting motor. This one has some complex shape to it so I made the first one on a table saw. simply to be able to cut the parts for this one. They both were designed by a guy that goes by JoeCNC - terrific designer. The plans are free. I found them, of all places, on a home-build projector forum (LumenLab.com) - yes built the projector too (11 foot true HD prjector). Guess you can say I am in constant need of a "project". CNCZone has a special section strickly for JoeCnc designs.

I used it to cut the foundation and lid for the centrifuge. It is terrific. Anything you can draw up in ACAD or any other 3D program can be cut on this. Everyone should build one.

(sorry for the hijack)
                        2005 F350 Harley: Heat Induction Hood, ARE Bed Cover, DashHawk, MBRP turbo back, cat delete, SCT: Tunes by Spartan, Exhaust Sound Videos HERE

Comment

Had a frybrid still for a while but kept getting water and poor quality oil. Switched to a Dana drum and haven't had a problem since.

KISS (keep it simple stupid)
                          2002 PSD 7.3L CC SRW 123K, V2

Comment

There it is in all of it's dirty glory
                            Currently dieselless!

Comment

Originally posted by FastCote View Post
                              Yup, sure is. It is my second one. It is all of MDF wood, HDLP (plastic) and roller skate bearings. Hitachi router for the cutting motor. This one has some complex shape to it so I made the first one on a table saw. simply to be able to cut the parts for this one. They both were designed by a guy that goes by JoeCNC - terrific designer. The plans are free. I found them, of all places, on a home-build projector forum (LumenLab.com) - yes built the projector too (11 foot true HD prjector). Guess you can say I am in constant need of a "project". CNCZone has a special section strickly for JoeCnc designs.

I used it to cut the foundation and lid for the centrifuge. It is terrific. Anything you can draw up in ACAD or any other 3D program can be cut on this. Everyone should build one.

(sorry for the hijack)
                              That's pretty cool...looks like it works rather well. I may have to check that site out to see what all they got on there.
                              Greasin & Grinin

Comment

Working...
                              X