Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Automatic Green Light staying on

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Automatic Green Light staying on

    I have noticed that after I shut the truck down and the purge is complete and the switch is in the "auto" mode, the light stays slightly illuminated even though everything is off. Did I install something incorrectly? If I turn the switch to "off" the light turns off.

    And why is that green light so bright?! I have to put a piece of tape over it at night or the green light burns a hole in my head!
    Late 1999 F350 CC LB ZF6
    Vegistroke V3 w/ 80 gallon tank.

  • #2
    Slightly illuminated is probably the bulb under the LED bulb. It will also make your button hot.

    It is always on, from what I remember, I stopeed looking at it.
    Vegistrokin since 08/23/08

    Comment


    • #3
      Bio, to your knowledge, is the rest of the system functioning as it should?

      I would probably double check all my connections first to ensure you've got them correct and tight.
      Greasin & Grinin
      Vegi oil powered since Aug 08
      2006 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Vegistroke converted 1/27/13!!
      2008 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold
      2005 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold

      Comment


      • #4
        The wire next to the one you need is constant power,check your wires for bare wire with no casing or that its not touching another power source.I know its tight under there but thats where I would start...........greasy
        2000 7.3X V3 So much fun,so little time,Support small Oil,burn WVO,Free and greasy down the road I go!!!!!!!!!!completely self sufficient and proud of it. (Wood furnace.....X.......solar pontoon....solarsheat twins this summer.....I don't Know much.......I'm just a hillbilly with too many guns..............

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Marv View Post
          Bio, to your knowledge, is the rest of the system functioning as it should?

          I would probably double check all my connections first to ensure you've got them correct and tight.
          Yes, everything seems to be working the way it should be. I just didn't want this constant drain on my battery all the time, especially with some cold winter months coming up.
          Late 1999 F350 CC LB ZF6
          Vegistroke V3 w/ 80 gallon tank.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by greasyX View Post
            The wire next to the one you need is constant power,check your wires for bare wire with no casing or that its not touching another power source.I know its tight under there but thats where I would start...........greasy
            Thanks-I'll poke around and see if any bare wires are exposed. Do you happen to know what color wire is the constant and which goes on with the ignition? I guess the ignition will obviously be the one I tapped into...
            Late 1999 F350 CC LB ZF6
            Vegistroke V3 w/ 80 gallon tank.

            Comment


            • #7
              To be honest with you you'll want to get a multi-meter or just a 12V bulb and some wire,and test it yourself. Some of the X's wiring is different than pick-up,and some pick-ups could have been altered for tuners,remote start,alarms,turbo timers,or and combination of the above.Maybe theres a few photos in jackT's photo bucket that can help your Q's.......greasy
              2000 7.3X V3 So much fun,so little time,Support small Oil,burn WVO,Free and greasy down the road I go!!!!!!!!!!completely self sufficient and proud of it. (Wood furnace.....X.......solar pontoon....solarsheat twins this summer.....I don't Know much.......I'm just a hillbilly with too many guns..............

              Comment


              • #8


                The red wire?

                lol. I have nothing else technical to contribute.

                I stand by my statement though, the "dim" light is constant on a properly hooked up V3. If it is significantly dimmer than when the system is on, that is ok.
                Vegistrokin since 08/23/08

                Comment


                • #9
                  Sorry Jack,was it marv that did an install thread?I know my truck has some unique wiring and don't want to use that as an example..............greasy
                  2000 7.3X V3 So much fun,so little time,Support small Oil,burn WVO,Free and greasy down the road I go!!!!!!!!!!completely self sufficient and proud of it. (Wood furnace.....X.......solar pontoon....solarsheat twins this summer.....I don't Know much.......I'm just a hillbilly with too many guns..............

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by greasyX View Post
                    To be honest with you you'll want to get a multi-meter or just a 12V bulb and some wire,and test it yourself. Some of the X's wiring is different than pick-up,and some pick-ups could have been altered for tuners,remote start,alarms,turbo timers,or and combination of the above.Maybe theres a few photos in jackT's photo bucket that can help your Q's.......greasy
                    I second the idea of checking with a meter. When I installed mine, some of my wiring was different than what DFA called out. I verified some of it with a meter and checked with DFA on any I was unsure of.
                    Greasin & Grinin
                    Vegi oil powered since Aug 08
                    2006 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Vegistroke converted 1/27/13!!
                    2008 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold
                    2005 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Jack_Toepfer View Post


                      The red wire?

                      lol. I have nothing else technical to contribute.

                      I stand by my statement though, the "dim" light is constant on a properly hooked up V3. If it is significantly dimmer than when the system is on, that is ok.
                      Jack, mine burns dimly as well. I usually don't pay any attention to it.
                      Greasin & Grinin
                      Vegi oil powered since Aug 08
                      2006 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Vegistroke converted 1/27/13!!
                      2008 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold
                      2005 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The red wire?

                        lol. I have nothing else technical to contribute.

                        I stand by my statement though, the "dim" light is constant on a properly hooked up V3. If it is significantly dimmer than when the system is on, that is ok.[/QUOTE]

                        Does everybody else agree with this? It is significantly dimmer-I can't even see it during the daylight, just when it's night there's a faint green glow from the switch. I don't want to do any testing if I don't have to! Thanks for all the input.
                        Late 1999 F350 CC LB ZF6
                        Vegistroke V3 w/ 80 gallon tank.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by biostroker View Post
                          Does everybody else agree with this? It is significantly dimmer-I can't even see it during the daylight, just when it's night there's a faint green glow from the switch. I don't want to do any testing if I don't have to! Thanks for all the input.
                          Yep, that's exactly how mine is. :cheers:
                          Greasin & Grinin
                          Vegi oil powered since Aug 08
                          2006 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Vegistroke converted 1/27/13!!
                          2008 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold
                          2005 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by biostroker View Post
                            Does everybody else agree with this? It is significantly dimmer-I can't even see it during the daylight, just when it's night there's a faint green glow from the switch. I don't want to do any testing if I don't have to! Thanks for all the input.
                            Oh, my word isn't good enough?

                            lol
                            Vegistrokin since 08/23/08

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Pop the switch top off and fisically look at the bulb and see for yourself if its on.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X