Secondary Veg Tank for Ex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secondary Veg Tank for Ex

I am curious to know if there is anybody out there that has figured out a secondary veg tank for the ex that mounts up underneath? It would be great not to have to haul cubies when heading out for a long trip or doing some heavy towing.
    2002 Excursion Limited Ultimate 7.3 PSD. DP Tuner NS, Stock, 1100 HI, 60t, 80e, 120r, 140a. 4" MBRP Exhaust. AFE stage 2 w/ Pro Guard Intake. 35" Toyo M/T & 20" AR Thug w/ Teflon Coating. Bilsteins. Vegistroke V3 VO System. 203* Therm. Pilot Bi-Xenon Head & Fog Lights. Foil Delete

I've been pondering the same thing. I'm leaning towards some sort of plastic tank that I can toss in the cargo area (possibly behind 2nd row) and use a 12V transfer pump to re-fill the veg tank.
    Even better would be one that you could gravity feed into the underbelly tank, cut off by a ball valve and/or a quick disconnect fitting somewhere on the fill tube below the level of the cargo area tank.
    -Drew
    V3'd 2000 Excursion - gone but not forgotten
    2014 6.7L - smells nice

Comment

Would "shrinking" the diesel tank make some room for another veggie tank?
      Vegistrokin since 08/23/08

Comment

My WVO tank,cargo area X tank is 36 gallons,and is flush with the third row seat folded down.This unit was built by RDS and was retrofitted for WVO.So that means it is already designed for what you want.Ask jason for P/N#,and get some extra range,hell you could plumb them in series,gravity fed...............
        2000 7.3X V3 So much fun,so little time,Support small Oil,burn WVO,Free and greasy down the road I go!!!!!!!!!!completely self sufficient and proud of it. (Wood furnace.....X.......solar pontoon....solarsheat twins this summer.....I don't Know much.......I'm just a hillbilly with too many guns..............

Comment

Originally posted by greasyX View Post
          My WVO tank,cargo area X tank is 36 gallons,and is flush with the third row seat folded down.This unit was built by RDS and was retrofitted for WVO.So that means it is already designed for what you want.Ask jason for P/N#,and get some extra range,hell you could plumb them in series,gravity fed...............
          Would you mind posting a few pictures?
          2002 Excursion Limited Ultimate 7.3 PSD. DP Tuner NS, Stock, 1100 HI, 60t, 80e, 120r, 140a. 4" MBRP Exhaust. AFE stage 2 w/ Pro Guard Intake. 35" Toyo M/T & 20" AR Thug w/ Teflon Coating. Bilsteins. Vegistroke V3 VO System. 203* Therm. Pilot Bi-Xenon Head & Fog Lights. Foil Delete

Comment

no problem,,get some photos this weekend..................
            2000 7.3X V3 So much fun,so little time,Support small Oil,burn WVO,Free and greasy down the road I go!!!!!!!!!!completely self sufficient and proud of it. (Wood furnace.....X.......solar pontoon....solarsheat twins this summer.....I don't Know much.......I'm just a hillbilly with too many guns..............

Comment

Originally posted by greasyX View Post
              no problem,,get some photos this weekend..................

yo, any luck with a couple of photos?

Comment

Rds #71804

Sorry no photos,Wifes CRD down(broke glow plug in head) and The X hasn't sat still.The tank was a RDS #71804 retrofitter with all th toolbox stle plumbing and has about forty feet of heating coil.It is great for quick heatups and keeps the truck warm in the winter months.I bought my V3 before the X tank was available(12-07 or 1-08),I don't know how many there are but it came direct from RDS.All fittings and plumbing are flush or below the level of third row folded down.If positioned correctly you can run all hoses thru the jack storage cover and out the bottom of said compartment(Foam Gasket black from GUNK looks stock when done and has never let water in.I have loved the ability to build "shelf" over tank with a hatch for fillups(in the future I am gonna have a speakerbox looking cover made and carpeted to look OEM.PS jason may be able to help with the ordering as its not on the web site..............greasy

Comment

Working...
                X