Time to make the switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to make the switch

It's time to go vegistroke! I have a competing companies system in my EX right now and it is let's say less than reliable putting it nicely. Broke down due to some weird electrical problem this weekend in Bend oregon in 16 degree weather. Girlfriend was with me and it was horrible. Can't have my safety and the safety of those traveling with me compromised due to poor quality of construction of what's under the hood. I have blown hoses, had my vo control fail, kit showed up brand new with a huge hole torn in the side of this flimy box they sent it out in and was missing a bunch of parts that I had to go buy as the company would not admit they did a poor job of packing. Ugh, so frustrating to say the least.

Now that my rant is over I am wondering if anyone has a guess as to how much time and or expense it might take to get everything ready to put the V3 in the truck. When I did the install the system I purchased has this plate that contains the supply and return valves as well as the FPHE, and the return pressure reg on it that bolts on to the ac compressor and the alternator over where the stock diesel filter previously was. Relocated the diesel filter on the left frame rail fo better access. Other than that there isn't much to do.

I appreciate any advice or thoughts anyone has for me and I can't wait to get this problem child out from under the hoood and get the gold standard in there!
    2002 Excursion Limited Ultimate 7.3 PSD. DP Tuner NS, Stock, 1100 HI, 60t, 80e, 120r, 140a. 4" MBRP Exhaust. AFE stage 2 w/ Pro Guard Intake. 35" Toyo M/T & 20" AR Thug w/ Teflon Coating. Bilsteins. Vegistroke V3 VO System. 203* Therm. Pilot Bi-Xenon Head & Fog Lights. Foil Delete

I've dealt with many different systems and have dealt with all the common problems. The V3 is the way to go. My advice is to get the V3 before removing the old system. You need to access both heads front and rear, so might as well remove the old and install the new at the same time. When you remove the old system you will put everything back where it was and the V3 feeds the other end of the ruel rails. If the system you have has a good heated tank you might keep it and save some cash. Also everyone on this board is very helpfull if you have any problems or questions.
    '01 F350, lariat LE, cc, lb, drw, TSP 6pos. chip w/ swamps ss tunes, FF stage 1.5, MBRP 4" turbo back, cooling mist water injection.

Comment

Originally posted by greasedltn View Post
      I've dealt with many different systems and have dealt with all the common problems. The V3 is the way to go. My advice is to get the V3 before removing the old system. You need to access both heads front and rear, so might as well remove the old and install the new at the same time. When you remove the old system you will put everything back where it was and the V3 feeds the other end of the ruel rails. If the system you have has a good heated tank you might keep it and save some cash. Also everyone on this board is very helpfull if you have any problems or questions.
      the system I have called for opening up teh two ports on the block that were closed from the factory so that is already done. I do have heated tanks so I am a bit ahead of the curve there as well.
      2002 Excursion Limited Ultimate 7.3 PSD. DP Tuner NS, Stock, 1100 HI, 60t, 80e, 120r, 140a. 4" MBRP Exhaust. AFE stage 2 w/ Pro Guard Intake. 35" Toyo M/T & 20" AR Thug w/ Teflon Coating. Bilsteins. Vegistroke V3 VO System. 203* Therm. Pilot Bi-Xenon Head & Fog Lights. Foil Delete

Comment

PDX02... he is saying to put on the V3 while you're taking off the old kit. Then you don't have to plug... and then un-plug the heads. Just remove the old and install the new. I guess it is a good thing you don't have to worry about snapping off the fitting in one of your heads... that could be bad.
        Vegistrokin since 08/23/08

Comment

PD, sounds like you're a couple steps ahead of the game which is good to hear. Any idea how the hoses/fittings of your current kit compares to what DFA supplies with the V3? Just curious whether or not they'll work okay with the V3.

Good luck with the swap and let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks!
          Greasin & Grinin
          Vegi oil powered since Aug 08
          2006 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Vegistroke converted 1/27/13!!
          2008 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold
          2005 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold

Comment

X-files

What tank you got in that X?I am a old school fool for inboard tanks,I have a 36 gallon RDS thru DFA,and it rocks.I put a husky liner under it,and built a shelf over it,Kinda looks like a dog bed,and my pitbull loves the heat in puts off on the cold(-15F) night of NH.I did give up a little cago area(but its big enough),I have added insulation effect by having the tank in the back.I have NEVER had a issue wuth cold weather operation.This particular tank with shelf over it would sit flush with third row seat folded down,just some food for thought.............
            2000 7.3X V3 So much fun,so little time,Support small Oil,burn WVO,Free and greasy down the road I go!!!!!!!!!!completely self sufficient and proud of it. (Wood furnace.....X.......solar pontoon....solarsheat twins this summer.....I don't Know much.......I'm just a hillbilly with too many guns..............

Comment

I actually have a three tank system on the truck right now. I had my tanks made shorty before DF released there tanks. i have a 12 gallong diesel tank mounted between the driviers side running board and the frame rail and then a 32 gallon aux veg tank mounted between the left frame rail and the driveline. My factory 44 gallon tank is my main veg tank.

Comment

Is that the X that was on the Frybrid website?sounds familiar I remember seeing that set up being built on the Intronet.Is your X black by any chance?Greasy sees everything...................
                2000 7.3X V3 So much fun,so little time,Support small Oil,burn WVO,Free and greasy down the road I go!!!!!!!!!!completely self sufficient and proud of it. (Wood furnace.....X.......solar pontoon....solarsheat twins this summer.....I don't Know much.......I'm just a hillbilly with too many guns..............

Comment

ha ha, no mine is not black it's that sort or pewter sand color.

Comment

When you get the v3 up and running i might buy the other junk from ya form my old 87 conversion? PM me if ya want to?
                    NC State law defines biodiesel as ''any fuel or mixture of fuels derived in whole or in part from agricultural products or animal fats or wastes from these products or fats.''
                    Exemptions from the excise tax.

Comment

Originally posted by h2odrx View Post
                      When you get the v3 up and running i might buy the other junk from ya form my old 87 conversion? PM me if ya want to?

Let me see what happens and that just might be an option!

Comment

Thanks PM coming your way!:cheers:
                        NC State law defines biodiesel as ''any fuel or mixture of fuels derived in whole or in part from agricultural products or animal fats or wastes from these products or fats.''

Comment

Thanks PM coming your way!:cheers:
                          sent you one back!

Comment

Cool beans:cheers:

Comment

Cool beans:cheers:
                              Hey sorry it has taken me a while to post this but I ended up having the guy who took the old defective system out sell off the parts and use them on some installs he was doing on other vehicles.

Comment

Working...
                              X