P1249

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P1249

Been getting this code under hard accel (merging on highway),and am leary.Anyone else get this before,and do I have to worry about turbo damage?Stock except Walker BTM and AIS intake,waiting to put on the sixgun with pyro before its fixed...........................
    2000 7.3X V3 So much fun,so little time,Support small Oil,burn WVO,Free and greasy down the road I go!!!!!!!!!!completely self sufficient and proud of it. (Wood furnace.....X.......solar pontoon....solarsheat twins this summer.....I don't Know much.......I'm just a hillbilly with too many guns..............

Originally posted by greasyX View Post
    Been getting this code under hard accel (merging on highway),and am leary.Anyone else get this before,and do I have to worry about turbo damage?Stock except Walker BTM and AIS intake,waiting to put on the sixgun with pyro before its fixed...........................
    It's an over boost code- I have had mine do it under hard accel too, it's generic and hard to diagnose. Could be the chip but I would also check the vacuum line to the wastegate. I had a vac boost fooler, took it off and haven't seen it since but I haven't stuck my foot in it lately either.
    95 F250XL PSD SuperCab BTS auto , Gearhead Tuned, Vegistroke V3 , Tymar Intake, Stage 1's ADRENALINE HPOP. Absolute CF
    Early 99 XLT SuperCab Auto, MBRP 4" Exhaust, DIY Tymar, Autometer Gauges.

Comment

No chips yet

I have a Banks Sixgun P/N 66513 2 inch pod tuner +62 hp,and +163FT LBs TQ,But its still in the box waiting for this issue to be resolved.This unit does have a EGT limiter,and boost limiter built in.Would installing this unit actually help to control P1249 from burning my retna every time I stand on that skinny pedal?I am building my truck graciously and putting down a good foundation(my last truck was a 275HP 525LB 12V gen one dodge cummins).I started with the best function and performance wth a AIS and Walker BTM.I am putting a six-gun with gauges to monitor everything safely.Will this code thing keep plagueing from here on out?Thanks for your info in advance....................
      2000 7.3X V3 So much fun,so little time,Support small Oil,burn WVO,Free and greasy down the road I go!!!!!!!!!!completely self sufficient and proud of it. (Wood furnace.....X.......solar pontoon....solarsheat twins this summer.....I don't Know much.......I'm just a hillbilly with too many guns..............

Comment

I get the same code everytime I plant the right foot, but a few seconds after I release the light goes out.
        '01 F350, lariat LE, cc, lb, drw, TSP 6pos. chip w/ swamps ss tunes, FF stage 1.5, MBRP 4" turbo back, cooling mist water injection.

Comment

No Chip the wastegate must not be operating properly, it's not uncommon to throw that code running a chip something you have to live with (unless you have a tune or device to eliminate it) but the factory tune should not be throwing it.
          95 F250XL PSD SuperCab BTS auto , Gearhead Tuned, Vegistroke V3 , Tymar Intake, Stage 1's ADRENALINE HPOP. Absolute CF
          Early 99 XLT SuperCab Auto, MBRP 4" Exhaust, DIY Tymar, Autometer Gauges.

Comment

1249 *
            WG
            Waste-gate failure steady state
            GND short, pluged hose/port, solenoid, actuator

Sounds like an overboost code from your chip. You might want to try using a boost fooler.
            1999.5 F-250
            180CC Singles
            Diesel Innovations 5 Position Chip
            Home Brewed WVO System 40,000 miles and counting

Comment

Working...
            X