~~~ My F350 and V3 on the Dyno VIDEO~~~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~~~ My F350 and V3 on the Dyno VIDEO~~~

Dynoed 405 HP on vegi oil ad 418 HP on diesel with DJ and Vivians custom "looney tune" - hottest tune i have at the moment without headstuds.
    Never got an accurate torque reading, these guys running this thing were a little slow....long story but estimate it at 850 ish

heres a ford 450 with a cumming in it...dynoed 209....
    Last edited by Clay; 04-14-2009, 08:45 AM.

Sweet Nothing wrong with 400+ HP. Does that show the true difference between veg and diesel? Were the runs back to back? I want to get mine on the rollers someday.
    Y2K Excursion 4X4 limited 7.3, 6" lift, 35" Rubbers, Jonathan Tuned, Single Shots, 38R, DI Up-Pipes, CoolingMist Vari-Cool Water/Meth Injection, Aftermarket Intake, 5 Isspro Gauges, Vegistroke V3, 30 Gal Frame Mounted Tank, GOT GREASE?

veggiegarage.com authorized installer

Comment

Awesome man...good numbers!
      Greasin & Grinin
      Vegi oil powered since Aug 08
      2006 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Vegistroke converted 1/27/13!!
      2008 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold
      2005 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by 2000XLIFTED View Post
        Sweet Nothing wrong with 400+ HP. Does that show the true difference between veg and diesel? Were the runs back to back? I want to get mine on the rollers someday.
        I can only assume its a true reading...what do you mean?
        yes, i ran 3 runs, one failed because i did not have it up to proper speed and when i hammered it, it downshifted...that screws up the reading. Had to get to 70 mph before i hammered it to avoid a downshift.

Comment

Heres another good one, this is a 7.3 with big oil, big injectors, intake and exhaust mods...and a DP tuner from Toney Wildman.

Not sure of any other mods....

Comment

and a DP tuner from Toney Wildman.
            -Shawn Collister-
            -02 F250 7.3 - SSB V3, AC's tuned by Swamps, AIS, 38R, 4" ex, DI tranny
            -00 F350 7.3 - CC with no back seat
            -Multiple trailers and a bunch of other junk
            Straight outta Wimauma

Comment

...and a DP tuner from Toney Wildman
              Uhhhhh what ???
              1999.5 F-250
              180CC Singles
              Diesel Innovations 5 Position Chip
              Home Brewed WVO System 40,000 miles and counting

Comment

a DP tuner...custom tuned by Tony Wildman.

http://www.dpppower.com/chips.html
                Last edited by Clay; 04-14-2009, 01:11 PM.

Comment

What'd that ol 7.3 make with all that money in it?
                  Vegistrokin since 08/23/08

Comment

Originally posted by Clay Henry View Post
                    I can only assume its a true reading...what do you mean?
                    yes, i ran 3 runs, one failed because i did not have it up to proper speed and when i hammered it, it downshifted...that screws up the reading. Had to get to 70 mph before i hammered it to avoid a downshift.
                    That's great, so its true that grease is almost identical to D2. I always wondered how big of a HP difference there was between the two.
                    Y2K Excursion 4X4 limited 7.3, 6" lift, 35" Rubbers, Jonathan Tuned, Single Shots, 38R, DI Up-Pipes, CoolingMist Vari-Cool Water/Meth Injection, Aftermarket Intake, 5 Isspro Gauges, Vegistroke V3, 30 Gal Frame Mounted Tank, GOT GREASE?

veggiegarage.com authorized installer

Comment

13hp is less than 5%... which isn't noticable in the pants... and could be chalked up to heat soak or dyno inaccuracies Clay and the operator would have no control over.

Impressive. Do we think the additional fuel pressure from the V3 helps with the power too, or is it not a variable?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Toepfer View Post
                        13hp is less than 5%... which isn't noticable in the pants... and could be chalked up to heat soak or dyno inaccuracies Clay and the operator would have no control over.

Impressive. Do we think the additional fuel pressure from the V3 helps with the power too, or is it not a variable?
                        Sure, there could be some error in there, no doubt.

The increases fuel pressure would make no difference IMO...you can only push so much fuel through a stock injector nozzle. Increased HPOP pressure may have an impact.

I'll have to ask the 7.3 owner what his numbers were...

Comment

Im no expert...but Im pretty sure that there is no way for a Wildman tune to be on a DP Tuner.

Two different companys/ tuners/ style of chips.

I can feel a little less power when on VO. Not really when Im empty, but with a trailer, for sure. Nothing to complain about, I still have plenty of power, but it is noticible.

A dyno and real world conditions are 2 different things.

Not knocking your dyno run... My 250 would probably put down half that on a dyno...
                          -Shawn Collister-
                          -02 F250 7.3 - SSB V3, AC's tuned by Swamps, AIS, 38R, 4" ex, DI tranny
                          -00 F350 7.3 - CC with no back seat
                          -Multiple trailers and a bunch of other junk
                          Straight outta Wimauma

Comment

Originally posted by Clay Henry View Post
                            The increases fuel pressure would make no difference IMO...you can only push so much fuel through a stock injector nozzle. Increased HPOP pressure may have an impact.
                            If that is the case why is the fuel pressure mod so popular? There is a spacer or bushing kit or something that ups the stock fuel pressure... what benefit would there be to this kit if it wasn't to make more power?

I'm not saying you're wrong, obviously, just making sure.

Originally posted by Tampa450 View Post
                            A dyno is a more accurate representation of what happens on the road than your tush. I'm not speaking for Clay, but I'm betting he can't feel much of that 13hp loss from the seat. Without a dyno chart showing some important variables... it is hard to say though.

Were you on the same tune for both runs Clay? I know someone was looking at veggie tunes, not sure if that was you or not.
                            If you have a chart, please share it. I'd like to see EGT and boost if at all possible.
                            Last edited by Jack_Toepfer; 04-16-2009, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Im no expert...but Im pretty sure that there is no way for a Wildman tune to be on a DP Tuner.
                              Negative...Tony will live tune a DP tuner, an SCT for a 6.0 and others i think.
                              Did you look at the link above? [/QUOTE]

Not knocking your dyno run... My 250 would probably put down half that on a dyno...

Your doing exactly that. I realize there is error in a setup like this. It does not measure speed though, it measures the turning force of a weighted drum. Is that accurate? whos to say.
                              A touque wrench measures what? Thats right, torque...is it accurate? Whos to say.

And I'm totally confused how you think you owned me with that statement. :chuckles:

Comment

Working...
                              X