Egr?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HORSEMOVER View Post
    Marv - Just like Jack said - the only thing I regret about tuning my rig is that I didn't do it sooner. And I only waited a few months. You won't have any regrets spending the cash on the SCT once you have those custom tunes running. Unleash the BEAST
    Just reading something like this gives me that sh!t eatin grin again... as I pulled away from an Altima on the on-ramp this morning...
    Vegistrokin since 08/23/08

Comment

Unleash the BEAST
      Yes, you have NO idea how much power Ford has hidden from you from the factory tunning. Do it now and you will be able to find a tune that will also increase fuel milage 15 - 20%...i know we use free fuel but may as well conserve our new found fuel and go as far as you can on each gal.

Comment

Clay, sent you a PM about a tuner question..

Thanks!
        Greasin & Grinin
        Vegi oil powered since Aug 08
        2006 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Vegistroke converted 1/27/13!!
        2008 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold
        2005 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold

Comment

Sound like Marv is getting an SCT!!!!!!!

:cheers:

Comment

Sound like Marv is getting an SCT!!!!!!!

:cheers:
            LOL...well, I'm considering it.

Maybe it'll be my one and only Christmas present to myself!
            Greasin & Grinin

Comment

Go for it Marv. It is really worth it - you won't believe how much more power is really there.

Comment

Go for it Marv. It is really worth it - you won't believe how much more power is really there.
                Yeah, I do need to get one. The power would be nice, but the economy would be great as well. Not to mention a good tow tune...

I found a good deal on a package for the tuner and gauges. And Clay recommended I make a couple calls to other places too. If I could score the whole package in one deal (tuner, custom tunes and gauges), I'd probably go for it.
                Greasin & Grinin

Comment

i hated my custom econ. tunes - after drivign with the looney tune, it felt like i was draggin a dead dodge behind me when i had the Economy tune in. And the tow tune made my EGTs skyrocket and milage sucked so i dumped it and put my street tune back in and got 12 mpg towing the camper (10 normally when stock) My street tune is my every day driver tune as well...

Comment

I run my street tune all the time too. Marv have you talked to Larry or Pat at Discount Power Parts? They have always taken good care of me. Make sure you call and talk to them because they can do much better than the prices on their website. I got my SCT W/custom Innovative tunes, Quadzilla Commander and my exhaust from those guys. When my studs were done the dealer actually bought them from DPP too. Let me know if you need their #.

Comment

Originally posted by CHenry View Post
                      i hated my custom econ. tunes - after drivign with the looney tune, it felt like i was draggin a dead dodge behind me when i had the Economy tune in. And the tow tune made my EGTs skyrocket and milage sucked so i dumped it and put my street tune back in and got 12 mpg towing the camper (10 normally when stock) My street tune is my every day driver tune as well...

That bad eh....hmm. I'm surprised they'd be that slow. I figured it'd be comparable to the stock tune, but just a bit more conservative.

Same goes for the towing...I figured it'd help control the EGTs a bit...
                      Greasin & Grinin

Comment

I run my street tune all the time too. Marv have you talked to Larry or Pat at Discount Power Parts? They have always taken good care of me. Make sure you call and talk to them because they can do much better than the prices on their website. I got my SCT W/custom Innovative tunes, Quadzilla Commander and my exhaust from those guys. When my studs were done the dealer actually bought them from DPP too. Let me know if you need their #.
                        Haven't talked to them yet, but I'll definitely keep them in mind. I'm going to research it a bit more before I make my decision.

Appreciate the offer though and if I need their number, I'll holler at you.

Thanks!
                        Greasin & Grinin

Comment

Oh i didn't know larry and Pat were dealing with innovative custome tunes...that is the way to go Marv. Larry is awsome to work with.

Comment

Oh i didn't know larry and Pat were dealing with innovative custome tunes...that is the way to go Marv. Larry is awsome to work with.
                            They have something worked out with Eric at Innovative. When you buy an SCT from DPP they include three custom tunes from Eric at Innovative. Same price as everybody else pretty much but you get the custom tunes included (tow/economy/street/aggressive street/etc). If you want an extreme tune it cost you an extra $60 or something like that. It has been awhile so don't hold me to the numbers. Larry and Pat are awesome to work with. Great service before and after the sale. When I got my Quadzilla Commander I happened to be in Pittsburgh so I stopped by the shop to pick it up. I ended up going over to Larry's house after work and Larry and Pat helped me throw in in that night.

Comment

Here is a link. Looks like Extreme tunes are $80 but like I said call because they usually have better prices over the phone.

http://discountpowerparts.com/catalo...oducts_id=2875

Comment

Ok cool...I'll look into that for sure...
                                Greasin & Grinin

Comment

Working...
                                X