Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anything crazy ever happen to you while driving your PSD?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anything crazy ever happen to you while driving your PSD?

    Figured I'd see if anyone else had any crazy/weird stories to tell about things that happened to them while driving their PSD.

    A while back the wife and I went out to eat with her parents. On the way back, we came up on the local cops sitting on the side of the road with the lights going. My father-in-law is a sheriff's deputy and noticed right away that they had a couple folks outside the car patting them down.

    As we get closer, we look over and see one of the officers taking off on foot...and realize right in front of him is the guy they pulled over. We all looked at each other like "What the heck..."

    So, I asked her dad..."Well, what should we do?" He said, "Go after him...".


    So, I took off down the side of the road and chased him down with my truck. I can only imagine what he was thinking as he heard a big, diesel truck bearing down on him. I'm sure he was thinking "When did the cops start driving diesels!!!"

    Long story short, I about knocked him down with the passenger front fender, her dad hopped out and grabbed the guy and put him against the side of the truck. The cop finally made it over there huffing and puffing thanking us for stopping him.

    I got out and watched them cuff him and pat him down till the cop car got over there.

    The whole time I wanted to yell out in my best Barney Fife voice....

    "CITIZENS ARREST!!!!!"

    Haha...anyways, just thought I'd share.

    Anyone else got any good stories?
    Greasin & Grinin
    Vegi oil powered since Aug 08
    2006 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Vegistroke converted 1/27/13!!
    2008 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold
    2005 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold

  • #2
    Long trip to canada stock fuel pump died at border,bumped on the grease and she got me home,oh and it saved me a BF bill for the 200 mile tow$$$$$$$$
    Last edited by greasyX; 09-28-2008, 09:02 PM.
    2000 7.3X V3 So much fun,so little time,Support small Oil,burn WVO,Free and greasy down the road I go!!!!!!!!!!completely self sufficient and proud of it. (Wood furnace.....X.......solar pontoon....solarsheat twins this summer.....I don't Know much.......I'm just a hillbilly with too many guns..............

    Comment


    • #3
      Can't say anything real exciting has happened while driving the PSD, but a couple years back I was pulling into Fresno late at night and ended up driving right into a felony vehicle stop complete with helicopter, about 10 cop cars and a whole lot of cops with shotguns drawn on a van.

      welcome to Fresno :chuckles:
      -This space for rent-

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by John_DFA View Post
        Can't say anything real exciting has happened while driving the PSD, but a couple years back I was pulling into Fresno late at night and ended up driving right into a felony vehicle stop complete with helicopter, about 10 cop cars and a whole lot of cops with shotguns drawn on a van.

        welcome to Fresno :chuckles:

        Haha...that's crazy. I think I'd be turning right around and leaving.

        Catch later Fresno....
        Greasin & Grinin
        Vegi oil powered since Aug 08
        2006 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Vegistroke converted 1/27/13!!
        2008 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold
        2005 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold

        Comment


        • #5
          Ive got quite a few here's a cple...

          In my old F550 - one time I was riding next to a semi and we were approaching a red light.
          He almost blew the light, slammed on brakes, and yanked his truck to the left right into my lane.
          I swerved left to try to avoid, and took out a metal (triange/sandbag type) baracade, and went up onto the curb median.
          The side of his trailer actualy hit my steel flatbed, on the side where it went up right behind the cab. (bounced and hit it twice actually).
          Its kinda scary to get hit by a semi.....It was a hard hit.....I was actually real scared to walk over to the other side of the truck to see what happened.
          I couldnt bevieve that it only hit the steel part of the bed and barly dented it. :chuckles:


          One time in the middle of nowhere, middle of the night in TX - with my F550 and 40ft trailer -
          I was trying to find a track....and I pased the exit.
          It was dark and I couldnt see that good, and I tried to turn down a dirt road to turn around.
          The road let me cross the ditch into what looked like a nice big field I could turn around in.
          Once I turned down the road I realized the "field" was that slick Tx mud that will make you slip and fall when you try to step out of your truck, and stick to all your stuff for months.
          - At this point I should have put it in reverse -
          I continued down the dirt road thinking I would be able to turn around somewhere up there.
          Well the road just basically turned into the mud, like 100 yards from the paved road.
          The only thing I could see do to at this point was to put it in 4wd and back all the way up.....
          Heres where I really F-ed up......
          I was on the phone or something....and only locked one of my hubs and tried to back up.
          I instantly broke something in the T-case.....and was stuck....right there...middle of the night middle of nowhere.....in the rain.
          AAA doesnt cover that.
          Me and the tow truck driver spent at least an hour wiching me backwards from the middle trailer axle, in horrible mud, with HIS F550 :chuckles:
          I think it cost me $375 for the tow to the track....and $2000 for a new T-case at some Ford dealer in Waco TX.
          -Shawn Collister-
          -02 F250 7.3 - SSB V3, AC's tuned by Swamps, AIS, 38R, 4" ex, DI tranny
          -00 F350 7.3 - CC with no back seat
          -Multiple trailers and a bunch of other junk
          Straight outta Wimauma

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Tampa450 View Post
            Ive got quite a few here's a cple...

            In my old F550 - one time I was riding next to a semi and we were approaching a red light.
            He almost blew the light, slammed on brakes, and yanked his truck to the left right into my lane.
            I swerved left to try to avoid, and took out a metal (triange/sandbag type) baracade, and went up onto the curb median.
            The side of his trailer actualy hit my steel flatbed, on the side where it went up right behind the cab. (bounced and hit it twice actually).
            Its kinda scary to get hit by a semi.....It was a hard hit.....I was actually real scared to walk over to the other side of the truck to see what happened.
            I couldnt bevieve that it only hit the steel part of the bed and barly dented it. :chuckles:


            One time in the middle of nowhere, middle of the night in TX - with my F550 and 40ft trailer -
            I was trying to find a track....and I pased the exit.
            It was dark and I couldnt see that good, and I tried to turn down a dirt road to turn around.
            The road let me cross the ditch into what looked like a nice big field I could turn around in.
            Once I turned down the road I realized the "field" was that slick Tx mud that will make you slip and fall when you try to step out of your truck, and stick to all your stuff for months.
            - At this point I should have put it in reverse -
            I continued down the dirt road thinking I would be able to turn around somewhere up there.
            Well the road just basically turned into the mud, like 100 yards from the paved road.
            The only thing I could see do to at this point was to put it in 4wd and back all the way up.....
            Heres where I really F-ed up......
            I was on the phone or something....and only locked one of my hubs and tried to back up.
            I instantly broke something in the T-case.....and was stuck....right there...middle of the night middle of nowhere.....in the rain.
            AAA doesnt cover that.
            Me and the tow truck driver spent at least an hour wiching me backwards from the middle trailer axle, in horrible mud, with HIS F550 :chuckles:
            I think it cost me $375 for the tow to the track....and $2000 for a new T-case at some Ford dealer in Waco TX.
            Ouch man...that's rough! LOL...

            So how much weight did you have on the truck and trailer when you buried it?
            Greasin & Grinin
            Vegi oil powered since Aug 08
            2006 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Vegistroke converted 1/27/13!!
            2008 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold
            2005 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold

            Comment


            • #7
              My truck was about 10,000 ....the trailer probably around 12,000 (but 40 ft long!)

              It was not all fun and games thats for sure
              -Shawn Collister-
              -02 F250 7.3 - SSB V3, AC's tuned by Swamps, AIS, 38R, 4" ex, DI tranny
              -00 F350 7.3 - CC with no back seat
              -Multiple trailers and a bunch of other junk
              Straight outta Wimauma

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Tampa450 View Post
                My truck was about 10,000 ....the trailer probably around 12,000 (but 40 ft long!)

                It was not all fun and games thats for sure
                Yeah, I'm sure that was a bear to pull out...especially with a 40 foot trailer!!! Lol...
                Greasin & Grinin
                Vegi oil powered since Aug 08
                2006 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Vegistroke converted 1/27/13!!
                2008 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold
                2005 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold

                Comment


                • #9
                  Black ice

                  Just got done with one hell of a ice storm up here,crazy.I was heading down a off ramp,a real sharp one,and hit black ice.The rear started to come around on the X,and the wife gave me the oh SH%^ look.Old school Truck driving kicked in,I cut the wheels opposite of slide,hit OD off and 2 wd in one motion,then I put the hammer down to the floor,My front tire was up to the curb,and my back was 6-12 inches off the other curb,completely side ways the whole ramp back tires still spinning.At the end of the ramp I counter steered back and I could feel my pulse thru white knuckles and a sweaty steering wheel.The wife told me after she thought we were gonna wreck,I told her I've seem worse and that was that...........too live and play another day.......greasy
                  2000 7.3X V3 So much fun,so little time,Support small Oil,burn WVO,Free and greasy down the road I go!!!!!!!!!!completely self sufficient and proud of it. (Wood furnace.....X.......solar pontoon....solarsheat twins this summer.....I don't Know much.......I'm just a hillbilly with too many guns..............

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by greasyX View Post
                    Just got done with one hell of a ice storm up here,crazy.I was heading down a off ramp,a real sharp one,and hit black ice.The rear started to come around on the X,and the wife gave me the oh SH%^ look.Old school Truck driving kicked in,I cut the wheels opposite of slide,hit OD off and 2 wd in one motion,then I put the hammer down to the floor,My front tire was up to the curb,and my back was 6-12 inches off the other curb,completely side ways the whole ramp back tires still spinning.At the end of the ramp I counter steered back and I could feel my pulse thru white knuckles and a sweaty steering wheel.The wife told me after she thought we were gonna wreck,I told her I've seem worse and that was that...........too live and play another day.......greasy
                    Wow...sounds like some good driving Greasy...haha. Impressive.

                    No ice here, but I did see a UPS truck turned over on it's side this morning. Not sure how that happened, but it didn't look good. I imagine a few folks will be getting their Christmas package late.
                    Greasin & Grinin
                    Vegi oil powered since Aug 08
                    2006 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Vegistroke converted 1/27/13!!
                    2008 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold
                    2005 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X