Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock Picks

Who here are stock buyers
    With the financial crash going on and prices low, I figured, what the heck AIG was totally tanked last week. It went down to 1.25. So I bought some at 2.06
    Its over 5.00 today. A good start on buying another kit for my son's soon to be truck.
    Elvia the HandyMan
    2000 F350 7.3 XL Dually utility/service truck
    V3 March 2008

I agree that there are some bargains out there but be careful investing $ that you have short/mid-term need for. These markets are turbulent and may unfortunately get worse before they get better. Short-term trading is like gambling in my opinion so just remember that you have to be prepared to lose. You can make a quick buck but you can also lose it all in a blink. Good luck and keep us posted.
    Last edited by HORSEMOVER; 09-23-2008, 12:57 PM.

Comment

I am all about the long term stocks and investments.

I took a gamble years ago with a couple grand and it paid off many times over but in todays market diversifying your funds and long steady investments is the way to go.
      -This space for rent-

Comment

Buy low sell high...you haven't lost untill you panic and sell lower than you bought.

With that said...two words,
        CHESAPEAKE ENERGY

Comment

Devon Energy
          Anyone who was intuitive enough to drop 10 grand in them back in March 1992 (opened at 4.25) is a happy person today.
          And chesopeke is on the same path i believe except in Natural Gas which i thnk has a strong future.
          Can you say "Pickens Plan".

EDIT: I just clicked the Devon link again and it rose 1 point in the time it took me to write this. cha ching$

Comment

Originally posted by CHenry View Post
            Devon Energy
            Anyone who was intuitive enough to drop 10 grand in them back in March 1992 (opened at 4.25) is a happy person today.
            And chesopeke is on the same path i believe except in Natural Gas which i thnk has a strong future.
            Can you say "Pickens Plan".

EDIT: I just clicked the Devon link again and it rose 1 point in the time it took me to write this. cha ching$
            Clay,
            You convinced me to buy the Vegistroke, you gave me pointers and tips on the install and it went smoothly. Now…I just went to eTrade and purchased some energy stocks. Do you give marital advice? I have this pain it my side...what do you think it is?:chuckles::cheers:

JK-
            2000 F250 7.3L
            Vegistroke installed July 12, 2008

Comment

Originally posted by triplemoutdoors View Post
              Clay,
              You convinced me to buy the Vegistroke, you gave me pointers and tips on the install and it went smoothly. Now…I just went to eTrade and purchased some energy stocks. Do you give marital advice? I have this pain it my side...what do you think it is?:chuckles::cheers:

JK-
              LMAO :chuckles:
              Marital advice? My advice is don't every listen to another man when it comes to women...lol.
              Seriously, I think Energy is the place to put some money right now. And if we open drilling in the ANWR or other major areas not open right now, you can bet I'll be researching who's doing that drilling.
              Natural gas is on the rise as one of "the" American fuels of the future i think and Chesapeake and Devon are on the forefront there.

The pain in your side is probably from laughing alot when you pass by the diesel pumps.:cheers:

Comment

I also think it will be Natural Gas
                Elvia the HandyMan
                2000 F350 7.3 XL Dually utility/service truck
                V3 March 2008

Comment

Away we goooooooooooo

Ok,I re-started this thread because there seems to be a new fire kindled in america between ALL races and beliefs.I think right now is a good time to look at your portfolio.I think its time to jump on the economic band wagon and take a ride to the top.If you have the means to invest NOW,i strongly suggest you to be it stocks,gold,silver,energy stocks,what have you.Please deversify and keep things within your means.I have always had a purchase schedule,and that works for me alright.Just remember while the economy is up in the air is when you are going to get your best deal.My best advice is to look at global demand on items from devoloping countries.Right now is the time to buy energy stocks while oil is down(all energy stocks gain and lose interest by the public when oil goes up and down).China and other devoloping countries used to EXPORT Silver,now they IMPORT it,this means with the ever reducing supply of silver its only a matter of time before we see $35-$50 silver(remember 1980 $49.50 an ounce silver,$860 gold,imagine in todays money).With the election behind us I hope this country can find some solidarity with our fellow citizens,and pull this country up by its boot straps..........................greasy
                  2000 7.3X V3 So much fun,so little time,Support small Oil,burn WVO,Free and greasy down the road I go!!!!!!!!!!completely self sufficient and proud of it. (Wood furnace.....X.......solar pontoon....solarsheat twins this summer.....I don't Know much.......I'm just a hillbilly with too many guns..............

Comment

Working...
                  X