Over the rails toolbox/tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over the rails toolbox/tank?

This one goes out to Jason and crew. Do you think you could ever convince RDS to produce an over the rails toolbox/tank combo? I had an over the rails (Kobalt) box before I installed the V3 and I like the look of them, plus if it was still only a 60 gallon tank, the fact that the box stood about 6" taller plus the extra room on the sides would mean a lot more storage space. I'm guessing that I'm not the only one would be interested. Just a thought!
    Last edited by powerstroke73L; 05-06-2009, 02:12 PM.
    Currently dieselless!

I might consider one of those as well...hmm.
    Greasin & Grinin
    Vegi oil powered since Aug 08
    2006 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Vegistroke converted 1/27/13!!
    2008 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold
    2005 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold

Comment

My tank setup would actually allow for a shallow tool-box to be added to the top of it. As long as the hoses/filler were right aligned enough.
      Vegistrokin since 08/23/08

Comment

We are listening guys.

Comment

The 51-gal tank fits nicely underneath a shallow over-the-rails box. It conceals it perfectly and hides the fill neck.
          '02 7.3L Excursion Limited; ~242Kmi total; ~157Kmi on WVO
          Vegistroke V3 (4/09); HIH, Aux Pump, FPHE (11/10); PHP Gryphon custom; 6637;
          WW; Turbomaster; EBPV delete; 4" exhaust; Terminator HPOP; Tru-cool; Evans NPG+;
          ARI triple-disc TC; V/B-code springs; Bilsteins; 30mm sway bar; 190A alternator; F650 dash; etc.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing a while back...I even made a rough picture of it

2002 F350 4X4 6 speed CC short bed
            No veggie in this truck yet...but soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegistroke James View Post
              We are listening guys.

Cool James, thanks!

My primary reason for considering one would be so that I can use a roll up bed cover at the same time. Right now, my toolbox tank sits too close to the front of the bed to install any type of cover. Plus, I'm not sure it'd clear the top of the toolbox anyways.

But, if I could get one that went over the rails (and maybe to the bottom of the bed for increased capacity) and allowed me to use a shorter version of a roll up cover, that'd be great. Seems like I've seen shorter covers designed exactly for using them with a toolbox.

I guess you could modify your existing 60 gallon toolbox tank to make it taller and wider. But, might just be better to start with a clean sheet design so that the connections and fuel level sender are easy to access.
              Greasin & Grinin
              Vegi oil powered since Aug 08
              2006 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Vegistroke converted 1/27/13!!
              2008 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold
              2005 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold

Comment

I would have preferred an over the rail style when I ordered my V3. I like the looks of them better, especially with a long bed truck. I removed an over the rail box from my truck to make room for the RDS tank.
                2008 F350 CC SB Lariat Spartan tuned

SOLD: 2006 F250 CC LB 6.0L, SCT Tunes by DJ, MSD Dashhawk, 4" MBRP turbo-back, V3 Vegistroke, ARP Studs, got tired of working on it!

Comment

I would have preferred one, especially if it had more capacity
                  2001 F250 Crew Cab V3 Conversion

Comment

Originally posted by rabidsnowmobiler View Post
                    I would have preferred an over the rail style when I ordered my V3. I like the looks of them better, especially with a long bed truck. I removed an over the rail box from my truck to make room for the RDS tank.
                    I still have my over the rail toolbox and the 51 gallon tank in my bed. Couldn't give up my toolbox.

Comment

Originally posted by HORSEMOVER View Post
                      I still have my over the rail toolbox and the 51 gallon tank in my bed. Couldn't give up my toolbox.
                      I did the same thing, lost a foot of bedspace but worth it.
                      Last edited by Longstroke; 05-09-2009, 06:15 PM. Reason: spelling
                      95 F250XL PSD SuperCab BTS auto , Gearhead Tuned, Vegistroke V3 , Tymar Intake, Stage 1's ADRENALINE HPOP. Absolute CF
                      Early 99 XLT SuperCab Auto, MBRP 4" Exhaust, DIY Tymar, Autometer Gauges.

Comment

Working...
                      X