Pressure switch relay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure switch relay

DFA shipped me a relay, but not a new switch. My green light comes on and the system works like it should. Should I just plug in the relay into the existing harness and use it? Or if I plug it in, do I have to go through all the other install instructions (ie: relocating wires on the control switch in the dash, etc.).

Thanks!
    Eric
    '02 7.3L Excursion Limited; ~242Kmi total; ~157Kmi on WVO
    Vegistroke V3 (4/09); HIH, Aux Pump, FPHE (11/10); PHP Gryphon custom; 6637;
    WW; Turbomaster; EBPV delete; 4" exhaust; Terminator HPOP; Tru-cool; Evans NPG+;
    ARI triple-disc TC; V/B-code springs; Bilsteins; 30mm sway bar; 190A alternator; F650 dash; etc.

Oh boy.

I hope mine came in today too.
    Vegistrokin since 08/23/08

Comment

I got the standard instruction sheet with it that talks about removing the old pressure device, plugging the relay in the V3 harness and rewiring the control toggles,... but I just got the relay, not a new switch.

Anyone know the answer?
      WW; Turbomaster; EBPV delete; 4" exhaust; Terminator HPOP; Tru-cool; Evans NPG+;
      ARI triple-disc TC; V/B-code springs; Bilsteins; 30mm sway bar; 190A alternator; F650 dash; etc.

Comment

There is NO rewiring of anything required for installing the pressure switch relay. It simply plugs inline with the existing wiring. Just have to make sure to connect the ground. NOTHING is required at the switch end. Sound like maybe you are confusing the "Pressure Switch Retrofit" with the pressure switch relay. Two entirely seperate things. In fact I will probably pull that off the website since that only applied to systems made back in 2006. Hope that clears up some confusion.
        1999 F-350 Lariat 7.3 385,000 miles and counting
        2000 VW Jetta 2.0
        1966 Jeep J-300 with EFI 351W

Comment

Mine didn't come in yet.

I guess I should ask though, should I be expecting one yet?
          Vegistrokin since 08/23/08

Comment

Thank you, Jason! I appreciate the fast response! I'll get 'er plugged back in (already grounded and zip-tied under the truck).

Comment

Working...
            X