100,000 miles on the V1.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100,000 miles on the V1.

Hey guys, just wanted to drop in and share the news. I installed the V1 on my 1999 F-250 in August of 2006. My truck already had 223,000 miles on it. After a few issues in the beginning and then the replacement of the first pump I now have 330, 000 miles on my truck which is now a true total of 100,000 miles on the vegistroke. Even though I have lost the check valve two times on the passenger side and the fuse assembly had a melt down a few months ago, the system has been awesome. When the few things like the check valves have gone out, the parts have been delivered quickly and all other questions and issues have been resolved in a professional and extremely timely manner. I will be looking forward to when the V1 finally gives out(if it ever will) to upgrade to the V3, but heck, it might be V4 or V5 before that happens,lol.
    Anyway, when i asked Jason when i first installed it, when can one brag about how much oil they have used or how long they have done it and his words were, "can't brag til you got 80,000 miles".
    Well it's time to brag now.
    Thanks Jason and James for one helluva system.
    Thanks for the quick responses on everything.
    Thanks for making me feel like the customer is number one!
    You guys frickin' rock!
    This has been one great adventure and I can't thank you enough.
    Let's go for another 100,000 on the same truck!
    Troy

awesome, congrats! I felt good just passing the 10,000 mark, lol

Just curious if you've had any other major parts replaced over the 330,000 miles. Trans, injectors, glow plugs, etc...
    -Drew
    V3'd 2000 Excursion - gone but not forgotten
    2014 6.7L - smells nice

Comment

wow, 100,000/16 mpg average x 3.00 average fuel cost over the last few years...
      =6,250 gal. and a fuel savings of $19,000.00
      Thats awsome
      Last edited by Clay; 04-01-2009, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Congrats! on another 100,000.

Comment

That's pretty impressive Troy! Congrats!
          Greasin & Grinin
          Vegi oil powered since Aug 08
          2006 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Vegistroke converted 1/27/13!!
          2008 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold
          2005 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold

Comment

Great story,keep on truckin',Free and greasy down the road YOU go...............
            2000 7.3X V3 So much fun,so little time,Support small Oil,burn WVO,Free and greasy down the road I go!!!!!!!!!!completely self sufficient and proud of it. (Wood furnace.....X.......solar pontoon....solarsheat twins this summer.....I don't Know much.......I'm just a hillbilly with too many guns..............

Comment

That also shows dedication. Being greasy isn't easy
              Vegistrokin since 08/23/08

Comment

Zooman been greasin' since greasin',he the OG of the grease.Please share some of your stories with us.....................
                2000 7.3X V3 So much fun,so little time,Support small Oil,burn WVO,Free and greasy down the road I go!!!!!!!!!!completely self sufficient and proud of it. (Wood furnace.....X.......solar pontoon....solarsheat twins this summer.....I don't Know much.......I'm just a hillbilly with too many guns..............

Comment

right behind ya with close to 70k miles on mine....

Comment

Gee I feel small just passing the 10,000 miles. I would really like to know about your injectors if you have had any issues. I know no one else but this site of people who have done this and whenever I tell people how my truck runs I am ALWAYS told my injectors will not last. So let me know. great job I hope to be there someday.
                    2005 F350 Lariat converted to Veggie November 2008

Comment

Troy,
                      Way cool to have clocked that many miles. Curious as to your mention of the check valves going out. How did you know when they went out (how did that show up in performance)? - Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by lancaster,pa View Post
                        Troy,
                        Way cool to have clocked that many miles. Curious as to your mention of the check valves going out. How did you know when they went out (how did that show up in performance)? - Patrick
                        Good question Patrick...I'd like to know the same.

Seems like Clay has dealt with this in the past too.
                        Greasin & Grinin
                        Vegi oil powered since Aug 08
                        2006 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Vegistroke converted 1/27/13!!
                        2008 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold
                        2005 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold

Comment

the old style check valves would last about 10k miles and crater. I changed more check valves in a short time that i care to admit - between mine, dads and a buddies...all got changed multiple times. The plus side is, i can change them in 20 minutes and drink a beer.

Comment

So was that 3 sets at a time,and a good buzz later..............

Comment

What type of check valves are these that you guy's had to keep replacing ???
                              1999.5 F-250
                              180CC Singles
                              Diesel Innovations 5 Position Chip
                              Home Brewed WVO System 40,000 miles and counting

Comment

Working...
                              X