Last time you filled up? Last Year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last time you filled up? Last Year?

So I happened to take a look in my EXC logbook and realized that the last time I filled up was on Jan11, and have driven over 1400 miles, still have a 1/4tank left of Diesel. Then got to thinking, wonder if anyone hasn't had to buy diesel since last year? Could almost start an informal competition on who can cover the most amount of time between fillups:cheers:
    1999 F-350 Lariat 7.3 385,000 miles and counting
    2000 VW Jetta 2.0
    1966 Jeep J-300 with EFI 351W

10 weeks

Last time filled up #2 was christmas shopping with wife,early DEC 08.I have travelled 1700 miles and still have 2/3s of a tank.It helps to live a mile off highway,and I use the WVO Liberty for around town driving.My X is a Highway star(GPS, DVD ,CB(4ft thunderstick,with some wattage),and a mini-frig I am good to go).Love my vegistroke........................greasy
    2000 7.3X V3 So much fun,so little time,Support small Oil,burn WVO,Free and greasy down the road I go!!!!!!!!!!completely self sufficient and proud of it. (Wood furnace.....X.......solar pontoon....solarsheat twins this summer.....I don't Know much.......I'm just a hillbilly with too many guns..............

Comment

Just don't let it get too low in the cold. I'm not sure if this is a myth or not, but, I won't let it get below 1/2 tank in the winter.
      2002 7.3 Excursion Limited V3 w/40 gal RDS Tank, +50 gal or 100 gal aux cargo tank,
      AFE Magnum Flow Air Intake, 4" Turbo back Diamondeye exhaust,
      6.0 Tranny cooler upgrade, Edge Evo2 Gryphon, V & Modified B Code leaf suspension
      BTS Transmission W/ 1.0 exhaust housing,Snow water/meth injection.Riffraff Engine Rebuild(kit) @315k .30 over pistons, CNC Fab HPOP, 406injectors.com 160cc single shots.

2002 F350 2WD CCLB 7.3 Bone Stock "Rusty"

Comment

thanks for the heads-up Billman

I always [email protected] 1/2,its something I Learned driving truck.I always put 1 Qt of powerservice(white bottle) in the tank @ fill-up(half tank 1/2 bottle).This improves my mileage,and longevity of stock fuel system.I found a product some people new to diesels may not know about,its called Clean diesel its made by Powerservice as well(white bottle with green on label),it removes water and dissolves contaminents also stabilizes fuel for storage(like sitting in my #2 tank for two months)....................good stuff.......cheap insurance....greasy
        2000 7.3X V3 So much fun,so little time,Support small Oil,burn WVO,Free and greasy down the road I go!!!!!!!!!!completely self sufficient and proud of it. (Wood furnace.....X.......solar pontoon....solarsheat twins this summer.....I don't Know much.......I'm just a hillbilly with too many guns..............

Comment

You guys must get much better mileage than I do. I've been running #2 here lately (since it's a bit cheaper), but even when I was on grease, about the longest I could go was filling up once a month. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but sounds like you guys can go quite a bit longer.

What are ya'll seeing for MPG on oil?

Thanks!
          Greasin & Grinin
          Vegi oil powered since Aug 08
          2006 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Vegistroke converted 1/27/13!!
          2008 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold
          2005 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold

Comment

Hypermiling a 4 ton truck...........

18-20 MPG hand calculated on the Highway,15 around town.this is cruise [email protected],tires aired to 68 psi front,65 rear,AIS air filter,walker BTM,and coasting down off ramps.I drove truck long enough to know how to hypermile a BIG truck,I make a run on each hill,and drive with overdrive off below 50 MPH.Don't forget my X has a 44 gallon diesel tank marv,so don't be so hard on your skills...............greasy

Comment

Originally posted by greasyX View Post
              18-20 MPG hand calculated on the Highway,15 around town.this is cruise [email protected],tires aired to 68 psi front,65 rear,AIS air filter,walker BTM,and coasting down off ramps.I drove truck long enough to know how to hypermile a BIG truck,I make a run on each hill,and drive with overdrive off below 50 MPH.Don't forget my X has a 44 gallon diesel tank marv,so don't be so hard on your skills...............greasy
              Sounds like you got that hypermiling down cold. That's good mileage on the highway.

How does your tires wear with that much pressure in them?
              Greasin & Grinin

Comment

Tire rotation is key to longevity

I rotate tires every 10K,this helps minimize wear.They are also E-rated 10 plys,max psi is 80.I currently have 14 K on some Nokian Vativas 80% highway the rest backroads,no visable wear...........greasy

Comment

Well I filled it up today but had half a tank still and the last time I was at the pump was the week before Christmas when they drained my tank of number 2 out and filled it with #1.

Tanya

Comment

Just realized we are only adding diesel about every oil change in the Excursion right now! That is so freakin' cool. :chuckles:
                    2001 F350 XLT 4x4, dually flatbed. 6637 air filter, single-shot injectors, straight-piped, BTS tunes, 200 gal main VO tank - 180k greasy miles
                    2000 Excursion Limited 4x4. V3, AIS intake, BTS trans & tunes - 120k VO miles
                    veggiegarage.com authorized installer

RIP X & Toyhauler - you served us well.

Comment

Kinda funny that this thread got started. I began tracking how far I could go without buying diesel in the new year. On #2, I'd get right at 300 miles per tank (29 gallon Ford OEM diesel). Obviously, this is prior to the V3. Last month, I filled up with #2 on January 2 and logged just shy of 1,600 miles before I needed to buy more on January 26th. Not too shabby: three weeks and 1,600 miles on 29 gallons of diesel. Since January 26th, I've put over 800 miles on my current tank of #2 and still have over 3/4 of a tank left. I LOVE the Vegistroke!!

--Snake
                      2005 F-250 Harley Davidson Edition with a few mods

60k on veggie oil and counting

Comment

I guess I'll add that my best mileage when running the V3 was about 111.1 MPG on #2. I think I covered somewhere around 2600-2700 miles in right at a month.

After that, I think I got around 80 MPG and 50+ or so on the next two full tanks. I had pressure related issues on both of those tanks, so it cut my mileage short a bit. After that, #2 started dropping in price, so I haven't ran a full tank of diesel through (with full time V3) since then.

But, I've been very happy with it either way!
                        Greasin & Grinin

Comment

Working...
                        X