12 volt marine pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 volt marine pump

Anyone using this 12v marine pump (9576-2VGA) from Harbor Freight as a transfer pump? - Patrick
    http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=9576

I have tried a similar type unit and it did not end well for the pump. I am currently testing another 12vdc diaphragm pump that is a lot heavier duty than the Whale pumps, and consequently more expensive. So far it has pumped 55 degree oil at almost 8 gallons a minute. Still playing with hose sizes and lengths for the really thick stuff. And of course the downside is that it can not pump as large of sediment as the whale pumps.

What's so hard about making a pump that can move solid lard at 20gpm?
    1999 F-350 Lariat 7.3 385,000 miles and counting
    2000 VW Jetta 2.0
    1966 Jeep J-300 with EFI 351W

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnut74 View Post
      I have tried a similar type unit and it did not end well for the pump. I am currently testing another 12vdc diaphragm pump that is a lot heavier duty than the Whale pumps, and consequently more expensive. So far it has pumped 55 degree oil at almost 8 gallons a minute. Still playing with hose sizes and lengths for the really thick stuff. And of course the downside is that it can not pump as large of sediment as the whale pumps.

What's so hard about making a pump that can move solid lard at 20gpm?
      Thanks Jason. Put me down for one that can move solid lard at 20gpm!! Seriously, hope you will post as you get more info from your current testing. -Patrick

Comment

Working...
      X