Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sir, could you get out of the truck?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sir, could you get out of the truck?

    :cheers:
    I went to the Talladega Super Speedway this past weekend and camped in the infield. For security reasons the Alabama State Police was checking for illegal drugs, guns & explosives, etc prior to letting you in the infield. There were two officers on each side of my truck with mirrors on a pole and they were inspecting the underside of my truck. The officer on the passenger side paused about half way back and called his buddy on the other side of the truck to come over and look. They both focused on the V3 and then traced the hoses as far as they could. Then they asked me to step out of the truck. They started questioning me about the V3 and they asked me to pop the hood. “What is that thing do?” “Where do those hoses go?” “You are using what for fuel?” The only thing I could show them under the hood was the yellow wire, the heater hose T’s and the drivers side rear fuel line elbow. I showed them the hoses on the tank and proceeded to tell them the Vegistroke story. They sniffed my tail pipe and were grinning from ear to ear when I was done. They were impressed with the system so I gave them the web site address and told them about the VegiRam because they both drove Dodges. They cleared me to go in the infield and when I looked back there were 20 campers waiting to get cleared. The officers and I were grinning from ear to ear and the line of campers behind me were not so happy.
    2000 F250 7.3L
    Vegistroke installed July 12, 2008

  • #2
    lol...good story

    Comment


    • #3
      I had some fool stick his finger in my WVO @ the Canada border,then lick it. He and two other homeland security agents went around truck repeatly with mirrors and the dog.We need to get prepared for these encounters more as the world becomes more unstable.
      2000 7.3X V3 So much fun,so little time,Support small Oil,burn WVO,Free and greasy down the road I go!!!!!!!!!!completely self sufficient and proud of it. (Wood furnace.....X.......solar pontoon....solarsheat twins this summer.....I don't Know much.......I'm just a hillbilly with too many guns..............

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by greasyX View Post
        I had some fool stick his finger in my WVO @ the Canada border,then lick it. He and two other homeland security agents went around truck repeatly with mirrors and the dog.We need to get prepared for these encounters more as the world becomes more unstable.
        Lick it?!?!? Ugh...LOL.

        You should have told him to get a spoonful and try it that way.

        Awesome story Triple!

        How'd the rest of the weekend go?
        Greasin & Grinin
        Vegi oil powered since Aug 08
        2006 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Vegistroke converted 1/27/13!!
        2008 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold
        2005 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold

        Comment


        • #5
          This is why I'm paying to get my truck inspected by a private shop for the first time ever this year. In New Jersey the state conducts free inspections which I usually go to and pass with no problem (diesels under 10,000lbs are safety only-no emissions/opacity), but I'm nervous that they'll see the V3 module and start asking questions-in this state I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it resulted in getting a visit from the Treasury Department...
          Currently dieselless!

          Comment


          • #6
            That is cool you heard about the poor gut that went to Charlotte in his Mercedes and got stopped by the Tax man on the way in? I glad NC passed this law... NC Law and this is what Biodiesel means
            NC State law defines biodiesel as ''any fuel or mixture of fuels derived in whole or in part from agricultural products or animal fats or wastes from these products or fats.''
            NC State law defines biodiesel as ''any fuel or mixture of fuels derived in whole or in part from agricultural products or animal fats or wastes from these products or fats.''
            Exemptions from the excise tax.

            Comment


            • #7
              Powerstroke73L,

              I went through NJ inspection about 6 months ago with the vegistroke running and didn't have any problems. They didn't even ask about it. If I understand it right f250's have to go through standard inspection. F350's go through heavy duty inspection and don't get emission tested. All they did for me was check the wipers, lights and brakes and slapped a sticker on. That was at the bakers basin dmv inpsection site. The best thing about it is the whole facility smelled like french fries when they were done with my truck

              Colin
              Colin

              2002 F350 4x4 Cab Chassis Flatbed

              Comment


              • #8
                Good stories guys! We don't have to go through that sort of thing here in Oregon.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by h2odrx View Post
                  That is cool you heard about the poor gut that went to Charlotte in his Mercedes and got stopped by the Tax man on the way in? I glad NC passed this law... NC Law and this is what Biodiesel means
                  I like this part...

                  The studies shall include discussion of ways to ensure that the costs of road construction and maintenance are borne equitably by all motorists in light of ongoing shifts from the use of traditional motor fuels to the use of alternative fuels and technologies.

                  They will find other ways to take your money....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by clindberg View Post
                    Powerstroke73L,

                    I went through NJ inspection about 6 months ago with the vegistroke running and didn't have any problems. They didn't even ask about it. If I understand it right f250's have to go through standard inspection. F350's go through heavy duty inspection and don't get emission tested. All they did for me was check the wipers, lights and brakes and slapped a sticker on. That was at the bakers basin dmv inpsection site. The best thing about it is the whole facility smelled like french fries when they were done with my truck

                    Colin
                    Thanks for the reply-my office isn't far from the Baker's Basin station so I'll go on my lunch sometime this week.
                    Currently dieselless!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Vegistroke James View Post
                      We don't have to go through that sort of thing here in Oregon.

                      Yeah, same here in Alabama...and I'm glad!!
                      Greasin & Grinin
                      Vegi oil powered since Aug 08
                      2006 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Vegistroke converted 1/27/13!!
                      2008 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold
                      2005 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X