Alright, What's The Catch???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright, What's The Catch???

I'm closing in on 1,000 miles on wvo without so much as a hiccup. I have never had anything go this smooth! Granted, I didn't have too active a role in the installation, but the guys that installed it for me didn't have any big issues either. I hate talking good about anything with a motor and wheels because the minute I do is when it all goes sideways!!!

So man up, James and Jason, what is your evil plan???
    2001 F250 Crew Cab V3 Conversion

Originally posted by waytallwhitey View Post
    I'm closing in on 1,000 miles on wvo without so much as a hiccup. I have never had anything go this smooth! Granted, I didn't have too active a role in the installation, but the guys that installed it for me didn't have any big issues either. I hate talking good about anything with a motor and wheels because the minute I do is when it all goes sideways!!!

So man up, James and Jason, what is your evil plan???

Haha...waytall you sound like me. I'm always paranoid about things like this. Mine actually has worked great up until a little hiccup this past week. But, Jason is helping me work through it as we speak, so I should be good again soon.

I think I'm around 4K now on mine...
    Greasin & Grinin
    Vegi oil powered since Aug 08
    2006 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Vegistroke converted 1/27/13!!
    2008 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold
    2005 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold

Comment

Oh you just wait till you hit the million mile mark :chuckles:

That is the desired results and actually pretty common as well. sometimes things do go wrong but those are less common and getting even more so as time goes by and things are refined a bit more.
      -This space for rent-

Comment

I have a trucker buddy who has 700,000 miles on grease in 5 years.He runs it everywhere,all temps,altitudes,seasons.The only time he doesn't run it is weigh stations and DOT inspections.One of my associates designed the under bed tank for the sleeper(good luck sticking that tank,you will never find it).Greed of the powers to be is the only reason we have not been burning WVO,SVO,since Mr.Diesel was around.Imagine our world without all that last 90 years of diesel pollution................
        2000 7.3X V3 So much fun,so little time,Support small Oil,burn WVO,Free and greasy down the road I go!!!!!!!!!!completely self sufficient and proud of it. (Wood furnace.....X.......solar pontoon....solarsheat twins this summer.....I don't Know much.......I'm just a hillbilly with too many guns..............

Comment

Originally posted by greasyX View Post
          I have a trucker buddy who has 700,000 miles on grease in 5 years.He runs it everywhere,all temps,altitudes,seasons.The only time he doesn't run it is weigh stations and DOT inspections.One of my associates designed the under bed tank for the sleeper(good luck sticking that tank,you will never find it).Greed of the powers to be is the only reason we have not been burning WVO,SVO,since Mr.Diesel was around.Imagine our world without all that last 90 years of diesel pollution................
          um thats 140k miles per year and over 23,000 gallons of grease a year.
          Not calling you out here but where does a trucker find that much grease and when does he have the time to filter?

Comment

Originally posted by CHenry View Post
            um thats 140k miles per year and over 23,000 gallons of grease a year.
            Not calling you out here but where does a trucker find that much grease and when does he have the time to filter?
            Maybe his Ol' Lady does it for him as a full time job. I know my numbers will be off, but lets say over the past 5 years the avg diesel price is $2.00 per gallon. That's $46,000 she would have saved him in a year.
            Last edited by Hooter; 10-06-2008, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooter View Post
              Maybe his Ol' Lady does it for him as a full time job. I know my numbers will be off, but lets say over the past 5 years the avg diesel price is $2.00 per gallon. That's $46,000 she would have saved him in a year.
              I don't know many truckers who can fill there tank and make it back home on that tank either...meaning 2/3s of the fuel would have been from a diesel pump.

Comment

Originally posted by CHenry View Post
                I don't know many truckers who can fill there tank and make it back home on that tank either...meaning 2/3s of the fuel would have been from a diesel pump.
                Very true.

Comment

Solving the puzzle

My friend is a vendor for a Food supplier(Sysco,whole foods,costco),it is a owner/operator deal.One of the commodities he hauls alot of is cooking oil,thats were the money savings comes in.He offers "Best" price on product to clients that let him "have" the old oil.This is done with a pair of 100 gallon compressor tanks,with there own vacuum pumps(twin super suckers) in the nose of trailer(infront of 48 feet of product).There is 2 hoses that come out by the landing gear complete with strainers(stored in toolbox when not in use).This then goes to a OC-200 mounted on frame of truck(via quick connect coiled 1 inch line)cycled for 3-4 hours,then pumped thru hard black steel lines to the 275 gallon tank under bed in sleeper(passing thru a racor 2 mircon on the way).This is heated using existing heater lines to a custom coil around and in tank(looks like grandpas still),unforunately we had to use a different companys hardware for grease kit (Its a Freightliner),I'm not gonna place there ad here,This gives 475 gallon capacity .It was a long install,but kept my friend in the saddle,and food in his three kids mouths........greasy
                  2000 7.3X V3 So much fun,so little time,Support small Oil,burn WVO,Free and greasy down the road I go!!!!!!!!!!completely self sufficient and proud of it. (Wood furnace.....X.......solar pontoon....solarsheat twins this summer.....I don't Know much.......I'm just a hillbilly with too many guns..............

Comment

Well.... it makes much more sense now

Thats awesome.
                    Vegistrokin since 08/23/08

Comment

yes that clears it right up...pretty sweet deal there Greasy.

Comment

thanks guys,I hope someone looks at this and sees anything is possible with enough work,passion,and a whole lot of elbow grease!!Sorry to hi-jack thread,but I thought it would shed some light on whats going on with the trucking biz,and exactly how WVO can help everyone.Also a little FYI if you have a personal Plate,or blatent sticker bragging on WVO,reconsider.We(me and other bio-d think tank guys) had lunch with the tolls commissioner(road tax guy) of NH.He said,not knowing we all are greasers,"I have been tracking plates(WVOtoGO,VeggieVW,RUN4FRe,etc),and stickers for fines of road tax violations."This is due to NH passing a BIO-Fuels permit bill,that requires either pre-pay,or flat Fee useage.I know this could use its own thread but some of my info is only told to myself,and 11 others on the board.Therefore easy to track,so I don't know were you heard it.My understanding is this we become nation wide within 1-2 yrs,as a way to get some tax out of us.On the flip-side there will be no need to hide what we do once or when this is established.This would take some of the looking over shoulder out of what we do!!!!!!!!Keep on the Greasy side of Life................

Comment

Greasy, that's exactly why I've hesitated on putting any kind of indicator on my truck that might let folks know I run grease.

All it takes is one moron to report your tag number or an arrogant police officer to run your day.

I personally don't need or want the attention either.
                          Greasin & Grinin
                          Vegi oil powered since Aug 08
                          2006 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Vegistroke converted 1/27/13!!
                          2008 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold
                          2005 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold

Comment

I hate to bear the bad news on the tax issue,but this forum is a way to help people without risking social,and in this case economic standings.I like to share info that helps people in thier day to day doings.Sometimes I feel as If it's a good way to bridge the gap between beauricrats,and people like myself,and sometimes I realize I'm putting my neck on the block.Anywho I will share any and all pertinent info as long as possible............

Comment

I still buy diesel...have the paper work to prove it.
                              I'm not worried about the tax man.

Comment

Working...
                              X