Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Were You?

7 years ago today?

I was sitting at my desk listening to Howard Stern when he said, "It appears a plane has tried to land on top of the World Trade Center...no, no, a plane has hit the World Trade Center..."

Last edited by waytallwhitey; 09-11-2008, 08:39 AM.
    2001 F250 Crew Cab V3 Conversion

I was at work...we turned on a TV and all of us stood around with out lower jaws hanging in total disbelief....

Comment

Driving truck in Vermont,came over CB.Let me tell You truckers are some of the most patroitic people I have ever met,After learning news there was a 30 minute silence on ALL trucker channels for those brave men and women who lost their lives there........
      2000 7.3X V3 So much fun,so little time,Support small Oil,burn WVO,Free and greasy down the road I go!!!!!!!!!!completely self sufficient and proud of it. (Wood furnace.....X.......solar pontoon....solarsheat twins this summer.....I don't Know much.......I'm just a hillbilly with too many guns..............

Comment

I was in Boston heading downtown when the first plane hit. By the time the second plane hit they started to evacuate the John Hancock Tower in DT Boston. We made a uturn and headed out to the burbs. I had to wait an additional 4 days before returning back to Texas. I had to drive to Rhode Island and hop on a South West Plane to get back to Texas. Logan Intl Airport in Boston and Regan was one of the last airports to reopen.
        2000 F250 7.3L
        Vegistroke installed July 12, 2008

Comment

Originally posted by CHenry View Post
          I was at work...we turned on a TV and all of us stood around with out lower jaws hanging in total disbelief....
          Same here. We were glued to that tv.

Comment

Sophomore year in college and on that day I was on my way to an elective class called International Relations and oddly enough we had been talking that week about terrorism and bin laden.
            -Drew
            V3'd 2000 Excursion - gone but not forgotten
            2014 6.7L - smells nice

Comment

I remember that day Vividly. I was still in the Navy and underway off the coast of San Diego doing our "FEP"(final evaluation period) as part of our predeployment training. We had been running various situational scenarios that were broadcast over the 1MC(ships loudspeaker). At the time I was cleaning our departments P-way(hallway) when it was broadcast about the first plane hitting the WTC. Myself and another guy at first thought it was just a setup to another training scenario, even if a bit odd and creepingly close to home. So we kept cleaning and a short time later it was announced that a second plane has hit the other WTC tower. At that point I was more than curious and headed to Radio Central to get the scoop, and it was for real. I remember getting chills, and just standing there in complete disbelief. The skipper brought the ship in closer to shore so we could get tv reception and all of us(not on watch) were in the berthing watching this unfold on T.V. And watched as the first tower and then the second tower fell. It seemed like forever, but shortly after the ship was called to battlestations and completely armed up, readied torpedo's, had a missile on the rail, Rounds loaded in the 75mm gun, armed the CIWS(Seawiz) and maintained that posture for what seemd like an enternity. We eventually stood down to a lower readiness level. But at that point I had never been so Proud to be Serving in our United States Navy for the Geatest Country in the World- The United States of America!!!.
              1999 F-350 Lariat 7.3 385,000 miles and counting
              2000 VW Jetta 2.0
              1966 Jeep J-300 with EFI 351W

Comment

Waytall- That is an awesome tatoo!!
                1999 F-350 Lariat 7.3 385,000 miles and counting
                2000 VW Jetta 2.0
                1966 Jeep J-300 with EFI 351W

Comment

I live about 30 minutes away. On a good day you were able to see the towers from the hill near my house.

I happened to be in Anahiem CA for a training event for my company. Well, Tues am rolled around and being 3hrs time difference I was awoken by my wife calling my cell.

Turned the TV on and the rest was history.

The training event was cancelled and many were stuck with no way home. Luckily myself and a couple others decided early on to rent a car in case we decided to drive home. Just a couple hours later there were NO cars available anywhere.

By 10:30am PST we hit the road and made it cross country to Newark airport to get our cars in just over 38 hours.

We stopped only for food, bathroom, and driver rotation. I wanted nothing more than to be home.

Now when I go to the top of that hill I can only explain to my kids what used to be there and show them the pictures... We actually drove into the city last weekend and checked out the area... I see it very often when coming out of the path train for work, but to go in with my family is a very saddening experience.
                  2005 6.0l X
                  V3 running 8/6/08
                  40gal frame mounted tank

Live by the grease, die by the grease

Comment

Sleeping on the floor of the living room of my apartment. fell asleep watching a movie and ironically thought I had woken up to a really bad B-movie.
                    -This space for rent-

Comment

Budweiser Tribute Commercial

This is nice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d17gXJp5v8
                      2001 F250 Crew Cab V3 Conversion

Comment

I think that is the only time a beer commercial has made me tear up
                        -Drew
                        V3'd 2000 Excursion - gone but not forgotten
                        2014 6.7L - smells nice

Comment

Sitting in class during my sophmore or junior year of college. I remember my cell phone started blowing up and wouldn't stop ringing. I was in the middle of class but finally decided to take the call. Ended up being my Dad who told me what happened.

Like everyone has said...I couldn't believe it. Still can't to be honest.
                          Greasin & Grinin
                          Vegi oil powered since Aug 08
                          2006 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Vegistroke converted 1/27/13!!
                          2008 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold
                          2005 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold

Comment

Working...
                          X