Gauges for V3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gauges for V3

I'm wanting to add a few gauges on the A-pillar...I think pressure, temperature, and veg fuel gauge are a given. Couple questions:

1.) The pressure gauge would be installed where the Schrader valve is located on the V3, correct?
    2.) Where would you take the temperature reading? I would like it wherever it's taking the temperature to turn on the V3 when it reaches about 140 degrees. Where is this temperature being taken?
    3.) If I were to add a 4th gauge, what would you recommend?
    4.) Any paint recommendations for the pod? My interior color is tan.

Thanks
    2000 7.3 F-250 w/ V3

Originally posted by GOON924 View Post
    I'm wanting to add a few gauges on the A-pillar...I think pressure, temperature, and veg fuel gauge are a given. Couple questions:

1.) The pressure gauge would be installed where the Schrader valve is located on the V3, correct?
    2.) Where would you take the temperature reading? I would like it wherever it's taking the temperature to turn on the V3 when it reaches about 140 degrees. Where is this temperature being taken?
    3.) If I were to add a 4th gauge, what would you recommend?
    4.) Any paint recommendations for the pod? My interior color is tan.

Thanks
    Do you have any gauges in the truck now? If not, I'd probably recommend keeping the pillar free for the standard boost, pyro, trans and fuel pressure. That's my plan anyways. Most will tell you, especially Clay, that fuel pressure is pretty important when running these systems - makes trouble shooting much easier.

You are correct, the pressure gauge would be plumbed into the schrader valve port. As far as temp, I would assume you could place a T at this location too and put in two sending units. I've done this before on another one of my vehicles for oil pressure and temp. The temp switch for the V3 is located next too the pressure switch on the module. Check out the installation manual on the DFA website - they've got a good pic of what you're looking for.

As far as matching interior color, I'd probably paint the pod tan as well. I'm sure Autozone or another equivalent parts house will have the paint you need.

Good luck!
    Greasin & Grinin
    Vegi oil powered since Aug 08
    2006 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Vegistroke converted 1/27/13!!
    2008 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold
    2005 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Marv View Post
      Do you have any gauges in the truck now? If not, I'd probably recommend keeping the pillar free for the standard boost, pyro, trans and fuel pressure. That's my plan anyways. Most will tell you, especially Clay, that fuel pressure is pretty important when running these systems - makes trouble shooting much easier.

You are correct, the pressure gauge would be plumbed into the schrader valve port. As far as temp, I would assume you could place a T at this location too and put in two sending units. I've done this before on another one of my vehicles for oil pressure and temp. The temp switch for the V3 is located next too the pressure switch on the module. Check out the installation manual on the DFA website - they've got a good pic of what you're looking for.

As far as matching interior color, I'd probably paint the pod tan as well. I'm sure Autozone or another equivalent parts house will have the paint you need.

Good luck!
      +1

--Snake
      2005 F-250 Harley Davidson Edition with a few mods

60k on veggie oil and counting

Comment

I cannot stand not knowing my fuel pressure and VO temp (AND trans temp for an auto).

I put DiPricol Optix series gauges and a 4 gauge a-pillar pod (from www.dieselmanor) in both my PSD's (and a few friends rigs now...). Best looking gauges available IMO. Diesel Manor throws in the paint to match your interior and also provides wire harnesses that make install simple. If ya don't think its 'simple', they provide a 24/7 help line. (ad over )

My F350 has Fuel Press, pyro, boost and HPO press and the Ex. has temp instead of HPO. I have another 3 gauge 'over the mirror' pod for the F350 that'll give me a place to re-install temp gauge and fuel level and ???.

I always get a few extra sending units for temp gauge and put'em on a switch so I can monitor temp of other things also. (tranny temp - CRITICAL, coolant, diff's, engine oil, whateva...) Must use a gauge w/one-wire sender and senders are like $10/ea at yer local auto parts.

Here's the Excursion:
        2001 F350 XLT 4x4, dually flatbed. 6637 air filter, single-shot injectors, straight-piped, BTS tunes, 200 gal main VO tank - 180k greasy miles
        2000 Excursion Limited 4x4. V3, AIS intake, BTS trans & tunes - 120k VO miles
        veggiegarage.com authorized installer

RIP X & Toyhauler - you served us well.

Comment

Thinking about placing a temp sensor at the T in the engine where the veg supply line goes to the right and left head. Would give me satisfaction knowing that the veg didn't lose too much heat in cold winter weather after leaving the V3. - Patrick

Comment

I put my VO temp sender right after a FPHE on firewall.

The the tee closest to us is VO into FPHE (has pressure sending unit in it) and the tee to its left VO out and has temp sender and SS braided hose to tee for heads. Not pictured here is the aluminum tubing that exits HIH via the compression fitting on right and loops around to the comp. fitting nearest us.

The valves allow me to turn off coolant supply (ie, no VO to burn) and the other can isolate VO system from diesel side in case there was ever a catastrophic event!
            2001 F350 XLT 4x4, dually flatbed. 6637 air filter, single-shot injectors, straight-piped, BTS tunes, 200 gal main VO tank - 180k greasy miles

Comment

Originally posted by skyskijason View Post
              I put my VO temp sender right after a FPHE on firewall.

The the tee closest to us is VO into FPHE (has pressure sending unit in it) and the tee to its left VO out and has temp sender and SS braided hose to tee for heads. Not pictured here is the aluminum tubing that exits HIH via the compression fitting on right and loops around to the comp. fitting nearest us.

The valves allow me to turn off coolant supply (ie, no VO to burn) and the other can isolate VO system from diesel side in case there was ever a catastrophic event!

Sky, what kind of system are you running?
              Greasin & Grinin
              Vegi oil powered since Aug 08
              2006 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Vegistroke converted 1/27/13!!
              2008 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold
              2005 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold

Comment

Excursion (pictured) has modified Frybrid/V3 system. Frybrid under truck VO tank w/Frybrid heated p/u, TIH to DFA/Vegistroke V3 (on drivers-side ) and TIH up to FPHE, then PTFE-lined SS braided hose w/JIC ends to heads. Frybrid controller.

Comment

Working...
                X