Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where are all the Vegistrokers in New England ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where are all the Vegistrokers in New England ?

I can't help but wonder with two new installers(certified) in New England where are all of these guys with the converted rigs?Seems to me its only VW,and MB around here.I want to set up a network of greasers in my area but its only myself and spotty around here with fords.Anyone in MA,CT,VT,ME,NY give me a shout!!!I have a great network with BIO-D guys but looking for some more greasers with "big boy toys".We are networked well and want to start a grease burners union!!!grease outP.s Quebec too
    2000 7.3X V3 So much fun,so little time,Support small Oil,burn WVO,Free and greasy down the road I go!!!!!!!!!!completely self sufficient and proud of it. (Wood furnace.....X.......solar pontoon....solarsheat twins this summer.....I don't Know much.......I'm just a hillbilly with too many guns..............

I'm in northern New York, outside of Plattsburgh. I haven't done the conversion yet - I don't even have my truck yet! But I am setting up my filtering and holding system and should have my truck by the end of September
    2001 F250 Crew Cab V3 Conversion

Comment

Originally posted by waytallwhitey View Post
      I'm in northern New York, outside of Plattsburgh. I haven't done the conversion yet - I don't even have my truck yet! But I am setting up my filtering and holding system and should have my truck by the end of September
      Welcome aboard!

Comment

welcome aboard waytall!!!

I used to drive truck thru that neck of the woods,saratoga springs? i think thats about 2 hrs from you?Idrive up to Quebec all the time ,I'll have to take a detour next trip.I have family(distant) in Long lake.Anyways i have a pretty good thing going with a BIO-D producer down here,so if you have a hard time with oil, let me know,always willing to help a fellow greaser!Meet you half way with a IBC or some thing.P.s If your looking for a ford excursion let me now,when you own one, you always see them for sale. There a 2000 7.3 limited with 10?,000 miles for 9,995 on craigslist(new hampshire,no sales tax) today 4wd crimson red.If you need help with experiances, or just to shoot the breeze send me a PM..........grease out
        2000 7.3X V3 So much fun,so little time,Support small Oil,burn WVO,Free and greasy down the road I go!!!!!!!!!!completely self sufficient and proud of it. (Wood furnace.....X.......solar pontoon....solarsheat twins this summer.....I don't Know much.......I'm just a hillbilly with too many guns..............

Comment

Thanks!

I appreciate all the kind words and offers! I should have my truck by the end of next month. I am currently holding ~250 gallons of unfiltered wvo. I have two plastic 55 gal barrels that I filter through 600 - 400 micron and then pump that through 25-10-1 micron filter system. I am going to get rid of the plastic barrels and go to steel barrels with water heater elements welded into them. I also have a 1000 watt element in my 275 gallon holding tank - we REALLY need the heat up here in the Tundra!

The truck I will be looking for will be an (obviously) 99-03 Crew Cab, bed length isn't too big an issue for me, but my wife might have trouble docking a long bed

I scored big on oil; I work in Schenectady during the week and on my way to the gym I stopped in a Chinese place and asked about their oil, I offered them .25 a gallon for it. They told me I could put a barrle behind their place and have all I wanted, but they already had someone collecting from them and I didn't want to get into pumping into another tank on my truck, I like the KISS principle. I came back the next and offered them $1.00 a gallon if they put it back into the cubes for me. The guy literally stopped in the middle of bringing food to his mouth and said, "One dollar???"

So now, not only do I get all their oil, but he goes to all his relatives and gets all of their oil for me! I get between 5 and 8 cubes a week, all set to pick up on my way to the gym!

If any of you are ever in the Plattsburgh, NY area on the weekends, or in the Schenectady, NY area during the week please get in touch with me, I'll buy lunch!
          2001 F250 Crew Cab V3 Conversion

Comment

good deal

Just make sure its NON-HYDROGENATED some low and no MSG places use partially hydrogenated oil.Canola is your best bet,Look on cubie because in the summer heat it will stay fluid down to about 50 F good luck.P.s. IN NE autotrader is a great place to find good trucks for short money(I got the GreasyX for 18,995 with 59,000 miles shes a 2000 limited loaded to the gills)IMHO late 99 to early 2001 is the best 7.3 Good connecting rods,bigger turbo and injectors than early 99,And a better choice than 2002 or 2003(ford was too wrapped up with the 6ohs to give the old 7.3s the attention it needed).........grease out

Comment

Working...
            X